______

It was around dinner time now, and you were both starving.

"It's about dinner now, I should probably head back before the villains eat my food."

"Wait... actually?"

"Yeah, you'd think their just messin' around until your section of the fridge is empty and so are the other villain's plates"

"Well actually, I was wondering... do you want some sushi? You could have dinner with me, only if that's ok with you..."

"Sushi?? Hey, better than the scraps left over at the hideout, we haven't stolen another week supply of food again yet",

"Iiiiii'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that", you say, and both laughed together as you grabbed the sushi from the fridge.

"What are you gonna do...arrest me?" He teased.

"Only if you call me princess again..."

At this point, he knew for a fact you couldn't get yourself to actually arrest him. You guys already got too close, and Dabi could feel too much of the warmth of your care that he couldn't experience from anyone else...

You grabbed some chopsticks, and Dabi used some as well that you handed to him. There was a big plate of the sushi in between the both of you on the table that you were both sharing.

When Dabi put the sushi in his mouth, his eyes lit up.

"Hahah, I knew you'd like it...!"

He couldn't even respond to you because he suddenly turned his focus on stuffing his face with as much more sushi as he could.

As he was focusing on that, you drew your attention to your plate as well, and looked at the delicious sushi you were eating. Suddenly though, you feel a hand begin to gently rub your face. "Had something on your face, goody tw..."

His voice trailed off in the middle of his sentence. He was just rubbing off a bit of sushi at first, but then his hand suddenly grew a mind of it's own, filled with curiosities as it touched more of your face.

Dabi Pov

Her face...

It's so smooth.

When was the last time I even touched a face, with no rough burns...no stabbing staples...no damaged skin... and from their own quirk?

_______

You sat there flustered as he continued to touch your face, completely lost in thought.

"You good there?" You teased.

"OH- YEAH, UHHHH-"

He didn't even fully realize what he was doing until then...he got too caught up in thought.

"Hey, hey, it's fine, it was really funny actually. Can I...?"

*Sigh* "I guess it's... only fair..." he pouted.

But since when did he play fair? You really had this man going above and beyond for you at the moment...

You touched the burns on his face, careful not to hurt him.

They felt rough against your fingers, you wondered if they still hurt.

"This is so weird..." he said, a little embarrassed at you touching him.

"And no. They don't hurt anymore,

they're pretty numb now."

Question answered. He knew exactly what you were thinking.

"Haven't you been touching them for long enough? You can stop pretending they're God's gift to the world, i'm well aware it somehow makes me that much uglier than I already am."

You paused your moving hand on his face. Even though it probably shouldn't have, it still took you by surprise. You forgot that there was a possibility that maybe Dabi didn't see himself the way you saw him...

You loved his unintentionally charming smirk, his eyes the prettiest shade of blue, how even though he seemed to hate and have no interest in anyone else, he always seemed to have an interest in you...

As you started thinking these things, you didn't realize you cupped your hand on his face.

"I couldn't get myself to believe you'd ever think that way about yourself until I realized that you don't see yourself the same way I do.

This is kinda embarrassing, but when I first saw you with those burns, I truly felt like all I could do in the moment was just stare at you with genuine wonder and awe.

....They're one of the many reasons I just... can't seem to get over you..."

Dabi Pov

Nothing felt real in that moment when she said that to me. I couldn't help but lean slowly towards her words, her (lucky enough to be) unburned lips that spoke them.

______

"Y'know when I said I wouldn't let you get too close...?

Heh, you were a fool to listen to what a clueless villain had to say..."

Just a couple weeks ago, he never would have guessed

he'd actually let himself be kissed by a hero...

————

There were no more butterflies for him this time...only the feeling of directly falling off a roller coaster.

He was in disbelief he became so unfamiliar with the feeling of affection that he didn't even realize what he was really feeling for you all those weeks.

Even after the kiss was over, you never let go of your favorite face with the burns you unexplainably adored.

That day was the start of a new relationship,

with each other's guiltiest pleasure...

________

Shigaraki: "You're back late. How was your walk? We ate your dinner, heheh"

"That's fine idiot. I had sushi."

"What?! You stole some sushi on the way and didn't think to share some with me? Can't ever get yourself to be a little considerate of your leader can you? Must've been a pretty good walk though, I mean if you got to eat SUSHI AND EVERYTHING..."

"You have no idea..."' he mumbled to himself.

He thought back to what he said after you guys kissed, looking back and forth at you between your eyes and lips;

"I guess sometimes opposites attract..."