17. Feels good to be Me again

Start from the beginning

"Then don't," Lily replied. (Y/N) lifted her face and looked at her. "But how?" Lily licked her lips and looked up at the ceiling. "You are (Y/N) (L/N). That's something you'll probably find out for yourself." "Not this time..." (Y/N) put her head down again. "(Y/N), you went to a school in Japan, gambled like you were going to die any minute, wrapped several people around your finger and you don't know when you're going feel better? Trust me, you do know. You are great." Lily's cheeks turned red, a smile on her face. "Besides, I'm 100 percent sure Iris is so proud of you and I'm telling you that as your friend, not your maid." 

(Y/N) closed her eyes and squeezed Lily's robe. "Why would you think that?" "Because I know you and because I know Iris. She loved you. Very much, even if you don't want to admit it. So cheer up, everything will be fine. I promise." Her boss smiled, her tears disappeared. "But you also have to promise me something," Lily added. (Y/N) opened her eyes. "What?" Lily sat up, hands under her legs. (Y/N) sat up too, a confused look on her face. Lily sighed. "(Y/N), you don't belong here. And neither do your siblings. All three of you are happier in Japan. Even a blind cat can see that." She laughed. "Promise me... That you will return to Japan and then my promise that everything will be okay will come true too." 

(Y/N) placed her hand behind her neck. "I don't know, Lily," she said with a despondent face. "Promise me!" her maid repeated, her voice a little louder this time. (Y/N) knew Lily was right. She was indeed much happier in Japan. There she had her friends, real friends. Not to mention that Richard and Julia were so much happier there too. They didn't have to be afraid of making mistakes, didn't have to follow a strict diet and much more. They could just be kids for the first time in their lives. (Y/N) missed that. (Y/N) missed Japan. She missed Hyakkoau Private Academy. She put her hand on Lily's leg and smiled. After a short silence, she finally said, "I promise."

...

It was quiet at the dining table. The space was gigantic and it was completely lit by the large windows on the left. They were from the floor all up to the ceiling, which was about 6 meters higher. The walls were beige and the curtains purple, a color of wealth. On the wall to the right hung a beautiful painting depicting the entire royal family. (Y/N) stood in the middle with a scepter and a globus cruciger in her hands, but she had no crown on for some reason. Julia and Richard were next to her in the foreground and her parents were behind her. Her 4 family members all had crowns on. 

(Y/N)'s father sat at the head of the table, Richard and Julia both on the left. She and her mother sat on the right. It was quiet. The sound of the cutlery hitting their plates was the loudest sound they could hear. Nobody said a word. Until... "I heard you went to Daisy's yesterday, (Y/N)" her mother said. "How is she doing?" "She's okay. I apologized and she said she was very happy to see me again," (Y/N) replied. "That's great, sweetie! I'm glad you-" "Esmeralda, you shouldn't be talking about the Cullens. Certainly not at the table," her husband interrupted. He didn't even look at her, but just stared at his plate with his brown eyes. (Y/N) rolled her eyes. 

"Why shouldn't she talk about the Cullens?" "(Y/N), shut up and eat." Julia and Richard did not dare to interfere in the conversation. They just ate quietly. Esmeralda tucked her brown, curly hair behind her ears, pressing her lips together. "Excuse me?!" (Y/N) exclaimed as she pushed her chair back and stood up. "(Y/N), sit!" King William yelled angrily. "I'm not a dog, you asshole. Don't speak to me like that!" Some of the maids, including Lily, heard the noise and rushed to the source of the sound. When they saw that it was the king and his daughter, they stopped in silence. William put his hands on the table and stood up abruptly. 

Queen Esmeralda was startled at the sound and Julia gave a soft scream and rested her head on Richard's shoulder. He quickly grabbed her. Even the maids were startled and all stepped back. Everyone except Lily, she stepped forward. "(Y/N), if you don't sit down NOW there will be consequences!!" (Y/N) started laughing out loud. "Consequences? Are you serious?! Don't make me laugh!" She slammed her fist on the table. "I am done. I'm done with you!" "What are you saying?" William asked with a fierce voice. "You heard me. I'm done with this bullshit." She smiled broadly and clapped her hands. "If I can't even talk to my mom normally, I'm gone. I'm going back to Japan and I'm taking those two here with me." 

Esmeralda gasped and looked wide-eyed at her daughter. "Dear, what are you saying? Please, sit down before you regret it..." (Y/N) looked at her mother with soft eyes. "I love you," she said softly before looking at her father with a wicked smile. "What are you going to do about this, William?" Lily looked from afar and smiled. Her cheeks turned red and her heart began to beat faster. William glared at (Y/N) and sighed. "I'm so done with you," he whispered as if he wanted to lock her in her room. "Likewise," (Y/N) replied with a laugh. William placed his hands behind his back. He sighed and closed his eyes. But not soon after, he took his plate and slammed it against the wall. Esmeralda placed her hands in front of her face as Richard dragged Julia over to Lily. Lily knelt down and took the 2 children in her arms. 

"If you want to leave so badly," William said, "I can't stop you. I want you to be gone this week." He turned and walked towards one of the exits of the hall. "But don't think there will be no consequences, young lady." With those words he left the room. Two maids immediately ran to the broken plate on the floor to clear it and wipe the food off the wall with their rags. "I forgot how good it feels to be me," (Y/N) said with a smirk. Lily let go of the twins and walked over to (Y/N). She threw herself into her arms and hugged as if she would never see her again. Lily even gave her boss a kiss on the cheek, though it wasn't done knowingly. (Y/N) just laughed, her cheeks glowing red. 

She was still holding Lily by her waist when she looked at her mother. Esmeralda gave a small smile, but it didn't seem serious. Then she stood up and left the room as well. (Y/N) saw her mother just leave her, a strange look on her face. But she didn't think much about it, because (Y/N) was allowed to go back to Japan, back home. She didn't care about the consequences, better yet, she didn't care about anything anymore. All she could think about were all the thills she would feel when gambling again at Hyakkoau Private Academy.

---

"Hey Yumeko!" Itsuki called from across the cafeteria. She walked to the table where Yumeko and Ryota were sitting. Mary walked beside her. "Oh, hey Itsuki, Mary! Where were you all day?" Mary sat down on the table. "We were looking for the Vice President." "The Vice President?" Ryota asked in surprise, his hands on the table. "Why?" Itsuki sat down at the table. "We thought she might still be in touch with... (Y/N). Because they... you know, um..." "And?" Ryota asked, interested in if they knew how an old friend was doing. "Nothing," Mary said, looking at the floor. "Even Ririka got nothing from (Y/N). Apparently she's been trying to contact her since she left, but it seems like (Y/N) doesn't exist," Itsuki continued. 

Ryota clenched his hands as he stared at the table. Yumeko was silent, a sneaky smile on her face. Mary soon noticed it and knew something wasn't right. She jumped off the table and stood in front of Yumeko. She stared at her black-haired friend with her golden eyes. "What do you know that we don't, Yumeko? I can see that smile!" Itsuki and Ryota both immediately turned their eyes to Yumeko. She just sat there, a smile on her face. "Come on, say it!!" "There's nothing wrong, guys! It's just... (Y/N) and I are still in touch!" Mary's mouth dropped open, Itsuki's eyes wide. 

"And you didn't tell us that?!" Ryota asked in surprise. "It's not my right to tell you guys things I shouldn't," Yumeko replied cheerfully. "Yumeko, you know we've been trying to contact her for a while!" Itsuki cried, hands in the air. Yumeko closed her eyes and clapped her hands together. "Don't worry, you'll be able to talk to her soon enough." Mary tilted her head slightly. You could clearly see she was confused. "What do you mean by that?" Yumeko opened her eyes, her orbs glowing red and a smirk on her face.

"She's coming back to Hyakkoau this week!"