"Daddy's absolutely livid," Mia says as Susie nods in agreement. "He has a good mind to sue the stables."

"That's not going to help bring Raven home, is it?" Zoe asks.

"What's it to you? He's my horse!"

"Look! There were three guys the first time at the stables they tried to take them. The photographer guy must have been working with them! You should be questioning him right now!"

Derek apologises, "I'm sorry, Zoe. We don't have enough evidence to charge him. He was released this morning."

"What?!" Zoe and I exclaim in unison as we frown.

"Just let us deal with the investigation."

Zoe says sarcastically, "Yeah! The people let the main suspect go! Go ahead, do your job!"

"Zoe," Sam scolds. "The best thing we can do is carry on. We've got the County Show tomorrow."

"How can you even think that with Raven missing?" I demand to know, now glaring.

"Life must go on!" Sam tells us sternly. "I want you all in the tack room in an hour. We're going to go over the show courses together, and we're going to work out how we're going to win this thing."

I shake my head at Sam before I break away from my sister and walk off.

I ignore Amber calling after me, "Emma...!"

I try to fight the tears that sting my eyes as I wander aimlessly. I just can't believe my friend is gone!

I decide to ride to Pin's house after racking up Hugo, needing to be with my friend. I also have an apple in my jumper pocket. Then, I remember his conversation with Zoe and my heart skips a beat. Pin really feels that way about me? I do too.

I reach Pin's house in over half an hour and tie Hugo up before I walk up to the entrance to the crate. I gently tap my knuckles against the wall, causing Pin to look up. He smiles at me. "Hi," Pin greets.

"Hi." I enter the crate and kneel opposite Pin, the moor pony still lying on the ground between us.

Pin tells me worriedly, "He's not doing so well. He should be on his feet by now. It's not good for him being stuck in this crate."

"Last night was pretty crazy, huh?" I utter, remembering his conversation with Zoe again, causing Pin to jerk his head to me as a blush spreads across his cheeks.

"Right. Zoe and I weren't ourselves. At all." My heart sinks at this. Did he not mean what he said? But I know Pin loves me. He's told me himself countless times. Pin gives me an assuring smile which calms me.

"And then... Raven got taken," I sniffle. "Derek says they'd be long gone, and I... I guess Zoe and I just have to accept that."

"Don't. That's not who you are," Pin says with a shake of his head. "You don't give up. That's what I love about you. I mean..." Pin stands up as he trails off. As I get to my own feet, the moor pony also jumps up. "Whoa...!"

I giggle as I say, "Someone's feeling better."

I pat the pony's muzzle as Pin tells me, "See? You're a fighter—just like him."

I say in realisation, "You know what? You're right. You're totally right! We've got to try! But... where would they take him?"

"How about nowhere?" Pin suggests, much to my confusion.

"The ferries didn't run last night. I doubt any boat could've got through that storm! Which means..."

Pin trails off but I snatch his hand as I whirl and race towards the stables, saying, "Come on!!" We get back to the stables on Elvis and Hugo and head straight for the tack room, seeing the others in there, including my little sister. "Guys! Guys, we think that Raven is still on the island!" They all look pretty gloomy at the prospect. "Well, come on! Let's go!!"