017. eyes on her

once andie reached the the final step, josh approached her

"why is everyone staring at me, josh? it's making me nervous." andie whispered, looking directly at the brunette.

"meda, you look absolutely beautiful. that's why people are staring at you."

"well — what about the whispering and looks?"

"they're saying good things about you, i promise."

"and what about—"

"just dance with me, andromeda." josh spoke, holding his hand out, welcoming andie to take.

her eyes flickered down at his hand, then back up into his eyes, giving a slight nod. taking his hand, he led her to the center of the room, trying to keep her eyes on him.

"i don't know how to dance..." andie spoke, slightly embarrassed.

"then i'll teach you."

josh placed a hand on andie's waist, causing her to feel those same butterflies she felt from when she first met him. the girl didn't know anything about dancing, only things she learned from movies.

placing her left hand on josh's shoulder, he held his left hand out, allowing her to rest her right hand onto it while her left picked up a bit of the skirt, making it easier for her to not step on it while she danced.

music began to play.

everyone in the room has their eyes on the girl with the blue gown, who was dancing with the future king.

she wanted to look around, see how many people are watching. the only thing stopping her was josh, who knew if she took one glance at the audience, she'd freeze.

"eyes on me, okay?" josh spoke, softly, earning a nod from andie.

the music was nice and slow, which made the dancing pretty easy for her. the two swayed to the music as they looked into each other's eyes.

as the two dance, andie would glance down at her feet from time to time, making sure she doesn't step on josh's feet accidentally. josh's dimpled smile came back, and it was just as pretty as the first time she saw it.

after a bit of dancing with just the two of them, every pair in the room joined in, dancing with their partner or friend.

once the music concluded, everyone began to talk and laugh. some even approached the two asking if they were together.

they denied it every time.

but they both knew they wanted it to be a reality.