Chapter 11: The Truth

——————————🐾——————————

Policemen and firemen gathered around the burning building. Anita and other reporters were being held back from going any closer, and Horace and Jasper were in the back of a police car driving away. The two looked out of the window in sadness, thinking about their lost friends.

"Breaking news, Cruello, best known for upstaging the Baroness in the fashion world, has died tonight along with his lover."

...

A tea kettle was whistling in the background, as Cruello laid unconscious on a couch. Buddy came up and started licking his face. He slowly woke up and looked around, realizing that he was still alive.

"What? (Y-Y/n)...(Y/n)! Where's (Y/n)?!" He asked himself.

Just then, (Y/n) herself came running in.

"Hey, you're awake! Are you okay?" She asked.

Cruello didn't answer, instead he grabbed her arm and pulled her down on top of him. She let out a gasp that was soon muffled by his chest, as he wrapped her up in his arms.

"(Y/n)! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! This is all my fault." He cried.

"It's ok Estello, I'm just glad your okay." She replied.

"No, it's not okay." He argued. He sat up on the couch, (Y/n) now straddling him and grabbed her face in his hands and making her look up at him.

"You almost died because of me. I said terrible things to you, and I didn't mean any of them. I don't want you to leave me alone, I don't want you to leave me ever! You're my muse, my inspiration, and..."

"And what?" She whispered.

"And...I...I love you (Y/n). You're smart, and talented, and kind, and beautiful, and you've always been there for me. I love you with everything I have." He confessed.

"Oh Estello. I love you too!" She cried.

Cruello smiled and pulled her in, pressing his lips to hers. She happily kissed back, wrapping her arms around his neck. One of the hands that were resting on her cheeks wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer.

"Ahem..." a throat cleared behind them and they broke apart and looked up to see John standing in the door way holding a tray of tea.

Feeling her face reddening, (Y/n) tried to get up off of Cruello, but he pulled her back onto his lap, and hugged her close.

"Tea, Mr. Cruello? Miss (Y/n)?" He asked.

(Y/n) shook her head no.

"Why are we alive?" Cruello asked him.

"Because I dragged you and your girlfriend out of the smoke and flames before they consumed you." He explained.

John set the tea tray down and sat in a chair. Cruello scooted back a bit and kept (Y/n) in a possessive hold, still a little weary of the man.

"I have something for you." John said, pulling out a cloth that contained the necklace.

"You found it?"

"In the fire. I can assure you it's been, uh, throughly bleached." He explained. "May I show you something?"

He twisted the chain off the necklace revealing a hidden key.

"I didn't know it had a key." Cruello admitted snatching it from John.

"What's it to?" (Y/n) asked.

"This." John gestured to a box on the table.