angels infatuations

The tree’s branches swayed slightly in the wind, the only thing in the woods that could be heard is the soft rustling of the leaves. Small taunting noises that made one go into a false state of peacefulness. I was to smart then to fall back into the sweet silence, and let it make me feel secure, not when what I was going to do was way to dangerous to even consider doing.

“Can you relax, Sofia?” Requiem asked with a light chuckle, he snaked one arm around my shoulders and gave me a light squeeze, which I think was his weird way of comforting me. I let him draw me into his muscular body, not because I wanted to but only that the warmth of his naked skin felt to good against the cool air to deny. Letting my self fall quiet we walked deeper into the forest, sticks snapping under our feet while we advanced farther.

“Are we almost there yet?” I answered with a question of my own. I could almost feel his grin grow across his lips and I knew if I looked up to confirm it, it would just piss me off. Weren’t angels suppose to be nice, soft spoken, and not a pain in the ass? Shaking off that thought I remembered before him I did not even believe in angels, so questions of what he should be like shouldn’t even be asked.

One thing said is all the sculptures of the sweet baby faced children did not look like the man who was walking next to me. There was nothing angelic about him, just raw sexyness. Like a real life version of all women’s wet dreams, and he was stuck with me. Which you know really sucked for some one so hot. I let my eyes roam up to his perfectly sculpted chest, his toned chest blending in with the dusk. Then to his face, sweeping over his jaw, which was now clean shaven, and his high cheekbones. Next was those perfect bright green eyes that seemed to stare right through you with so much intelligence. Black hair was pushed back but a few strands that he tied up in his pony tail escaped and fell into his face. Yep, the grin was there.

“You fell off of a slide once! It was when you were five, Sofia, I’m not going to just drop you.” He said glancing down at me with amusement leaking into his face, I liked when he was this happy, just not when it was mocking me, damn it! Which just happened to be his favorite pass time.

Glaring at him with the full weight of my chocolate eyes I moved away from him giving me some distance so I would not hit him. “Stop reading my mind, Requiem, I don’t have to be here, and you can’t stop me from leaving.” I threatened coolly crossing my arms over my chest. “And stop calling me Sofia.” I added. Only my mom called me by my full name, and he was not my mom. The rest of the god damn world just called me Soph.

Requiem lifted his arms up as if he was innocent while he walked ahead of me blocking the view with his body. “Just trying to calm you down, soph.”

I gave his big old, stupid body a dirty look while we walked, I liked this position better, it was easy to stare holes in him. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply ignoring his response, I was being crabby and he did not need it. Then again all the blame could not go to me, he just really knew how to strike a nerve in me, but then again I was just mad because I wanted my life back. My boring old job that consisted of waking up going to work and then repeating he same thing, and returning to my awesome lonely house.

“Okay, close your eyes.” He instructed in his smooth alto tone, I was about to shoot a remark at him but he cut me off. “No arguing just do it.” The way he spoke sounded like he was tired, and annoyance was evidence in the demanding way he talked to me. I let it go and did what I was told.

Feeling his warm presents leave my side, made me want to protest but I remained silent not wanting to bother him to much. Standing still I bit my lip and flinched when I heard the distant sound of a groan. Then I knew he was now the full man that he was, wings ripped out of his back to stand at a full length of about six feet, they were white. And each feather had black tips like some one stuck each individual tip into a paint can. He was absolutely beautiful like that. My breath got heavier and I had to try and control my breath while I listened for him to tell me when I could open my eyes up.