sᴇᴠᴇɴ༞ ʜᴏᴛ ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇ sᴛᴀɪɴs

Beginne am Anfang

     She followed into the kitchen, and her eyes narrowed when she saw Stu chugging beer through a funnel over the sink while Kimberly watched. "That's mature." She poked, dropping her hand of groceries.

     Stu swallowed his mouthful, wiping the excess Coors off his chin. "Where you girls been? Had to get started without you."

     "Thank God you're here." Kim set her red solo cup onto the counter. "How dare you leave me alone with him?"

     Sidney and Tatum's eyes danced over at each other, smirks growing on both of their lips. "Oh, please. We couldn't show up to the party in sweats, could we?"

     Stu laughed, picking up a bag from the counter and dumping it out. He threw a popcorn bag over to Kim, and then got out bowls for Tatum and Sid to fill up with chips. Kim popped open her bag and began pouring her chips into her bowl as Randy trotted into the kitchen, dancing around the crowd of people.

     He set the stack of videos in his hands onto the counter and grabbed Kim's arm, pulling her over to him. "What first?' He asked.

     Kim set her empty down, squinting her eyes. Not one movie didn't have Jamie Lee in it. "Are these all checked out?" Randy shook his head, tapping the marble table. "No, had to take them after closing. And I'll have to put them back extra early before my boss opens tomorrow." He laughed.

     Kim inhaled, giving him a unserious somber look. "Well, I guess we can start with Halloween. Probably do Child's Play next." Chucky was her favorite. Randy gave a long-lasting smile, and cocked his head away when he realized it might have been lasting a little too long.

     "I'll get on it." He nodded, picking up his videos and carrying the handful back into the Macher's living room. Kimberly watched him go before turning and picking up two bowls of snacks.

     Stu saluted and followed her and the two other girls into the living room after. "Look at my girl. Being all independent and shit."

     Tatum scowled as she set her hors d'oeuvres onto the coffee table. "Every day my respect for you grows less and less."

     Stu smiled. "Who needs your respect when I got my girls?" He flung his arms onto Kim's shoulders, snaking them around her neck- which caused her to nearly drop the bowls in her hands.

     Randy ducked from under her arms as he passed her, catching the bowls and placing them back stabile in her arms. "Yeah, your girl." He mocked.

     Stu let go and flung himself onto the couch, now there was nothing to do but wait until more people arrived. "Yeah, my girl. You got a problem with that?" Kim cleared her throat, falling into the seat next to him.

     "You goons done arguing?" Sidney asked, gently sitting in the arm chair next to them with her foot up.

     Randy beat Stu to the rebuttal. "Yeah, guys. Everybody shut up, movies starting." He announced, and just like that it was quiet.

     Quiet until there was about eight thuds on the front door. Not even five minutes had passed since Kim had sat down, and she was already being ordered to go answer the door. "You fucks." She grumbled as she pulled open the handle.

     About ten-thirty teens came trotting in, wondering why no music was playing and where the booze was.

     "Party's arrived." She yelled, entering into the living room again, gesturing at the dozens of people crowded in Stu's living room.

     "We noticed."

     After about a half an hour of blaring music, more people arriving, and loud bear pong games, Kim thought it was time to get some air.

     She waved at her causal friends from school, giving them party gestures as she trudged up the stairs.

     She'd been up here time and time before, and each time Stu was with her. Now, she felt like a snoop. Poking her head through his parents door to see if anything any students were in there, and then trotting over to Stu's door and doing the same.

     Only this time, she pulled the door completely open, and stepped in. It smelt like him. Movie theater popcorn and Axe body spray. And cinnamon. Her favorite scent. And now that she had come to think about it, her favorite scent was him.

     She found herself taking a seat on his bed, shifting through the drawers beside it. Tons of school work, grades ranging from B+ to D-'s. And, a polaroid camera.

     She scoffed. That's weird. If he had this, how come he never used it, or showed it to her? Could this be the polaroid that was used to take the photos she'd found earlier? No, no way. The thought didn't even dare cross her mind, although- it probably should have.

     Her eyes were scanning his shelves, looking for any signs of a picture that he'd taken. What did he need a polaroid for?

     She made an audible gasp when her eyes landed on a photo album. "Is my man secretly a photographer?" She asked herself, standing up to grab the book from under the shelve.

     Her palm felt the texture of the cover, it was unlabeled and plain leather.

     The book flew out of her hands, and her head darted up. "What're you doing in here?" His voice mocked worry, and his brow dipped into an expression she just didn't recognize.

     She shrugged. Definitely not snooping. "Fresh air, you know?" He almost smiled at her, as he placed the photo album between both his hands and set it behind his back. "My room has fresh air?"

     "Fresher than down stairs."

     "I get it, I get it. You just love sitting in my room alone."

     "That is exactly right."

     Stu finally set the brown photo book down, and he pointed his thumb out the door. "Those fuckers being too loud down there? Here, come with me. Let's go tell them to shut the fuck up."

     He held his hand out and Kim grabbed on as he pulled her out of his room, latching the door shut behind them.

     She followed him down the stairs, and when they got to the bottom, Stu clapped his hands and stomped his feet. "Everybody, listen up!"

     Kim giggled, grabbing his hands and dragging them down. "Stu, seriously it's fine. You're gonna ruin your own party."

     Stu's eyes drooped to hers. "Party ruining? Oh shit. Can't be having that." He grabbed her by her legs and the through her over his shoulder. "Oh, come on!" She cried.

     "Stuart put me down!"

     But he didn't, not until they were to the front door at least. He let her slide from his hands, and onto the other side of the opened door. "You tryna ruin my party, Smith?"

     "Yes. I am, now please let me back in so I can continue party ruining."

     Stu moved aside, allowing her back in the house. "Only because you were so honest about it." He told her.