001

jungun (yoojun) was cooking breakfast for the two young people whom he calls his friends , dohyon and minjae (bit)

jungun (yoojun) was cooking breakfast for the two young people whom he calls his friends , dohyon and minjae (bit). dohyon was already awake, throwing a tantrum because he's got the morning hungry anger. 

"just wait for a moment please," jungun calls out gently. dohyon scoffs in response as he pours his chocolate milk into an adorable hello kitty cup, which explains him as a person. minjae was in his bedroom getting ready, wearing a yellow sweater that was too big for him and jeans he had to keep up with a tight belt.

minjae was always called tiny.

"aw, look at you." dohyon quickly softens at the sight of oversized clothes on minjae and throws his arms over to embrace the tiny older boy.

"argh, respect your elders." minjae pouts, peeling off dohyon. jungun closes the fire and quickly takes a plate to pour the scrambled eggs. jungun casts a glance over at minjae who already has his hand out to open the front door.

"and where are you going ?" jungun puts the pan in the sink to cool off and places the plate of eggs on the table in front of the hungry dohyon. "i'm going to get desserts ," minjae says meekly.

jungun gives a concerned frown but nods nonetheless.

"fine, be careful." jungun goes towards the boy to kiss the top of the boy's head goodbye. "don't get into trouble."

"i'm not a child ," minjae sulks as he shuts the door, hearing dohyon's muffled 'see ya'.

˚ · • . ° .

✧ ˚  ·    .

minjae thought about all the different desserts he'd see at the nearby and newly-opened cafe-plus-bakery. he really wanted something simple, like a strawberry shortcake. jungun would want a lemon bar and dohyon would go for a simple chocolate muffin. as he nears his destination, he sees the big blue sign that says 

lovely dovey cafe

how nice, minjae flattens his eyes at the name. a worker opens it and greets loudly, scaring the young boy. he calms down, heading towards the counter where there are treats behind smooth glass display. minjae hovers along the pastry display, then looks up to see the menu on the wall.

ooh, they have boba minjae thinks. he spots a strawberry cake, not quite a lemon bar but it's a pecan bar and a chocolate muffin that looks much better than he imagined. there's no people, so he's assuming it's too early for a sunday morning to have customers.

maybe they just opened up, he wasn't sure. but it sure was empty. 

he gets to the counter to be faced by a boy who looks about his age with narrow eyes and quite an attractive face. he scans the boy, and sees a nametag that says 'muzin'. 

"good morning sir, how may i help you with?" he smiles politely. his grin makes the young minjae slight uneasy, so he fiddles his fingers with the end of sleeves. "uh yeah, can i have that? and that pecan bar? oh, and this too. and uh, a boba earl grey milk tea?" minjae orders nervously but the cashier swiftly understands.

it was a little too early because minjae was sleepy, rubbing his eyes with his sleeve and holding in a yawn.

"would you like some sweet tea?" the cashier says.

hm? would you like some, sweetie? minjae paused at the cashier's sentence. sweetie? did he hear that right? the young boy grows pink around his ears and cheeks, feeling warm in his outfit.

"sweetie?" minjae repeats what he thought he heard the boy said. instead, the cashier looks slightly red in the face after minjae says it and immediately flaps his hands around in realization.

"uh? nonono! i meant.. tea? sweet tea? earl grey tends to make the milk tea a little bitter or.. uh.. some people like their earl grey milk tea less sugary.. y'know?" the cashier panics, trying to explain the error. minjae realises his mistake and apologises, getting pinker by the passing second.

"it's ok! it really is, don't worry. so you want it as it is or sweet?" muzin chuckles nervously at himself. if you could hear people's thoughts or inside voices, minjae was internally screaming and yelling and stabbing himself with the sharp end of a imaginary carrot.

"sweet, please. thanks." minjae mutters. 

argh! i'm so embarrassed!! the pink and petite boy squeezes his eyes shut for a moment because he couldn't believe he could've misheard him!