016. christmas ball

Start from the beginning

andie and evan got ready within a few hours before the ball; andie was wearing a large baby blue gown that had glittery assents on the skirt of it, short, puffy sleeves with ruffled edges that had little butterfly patterns on them, white flats, an...

andie and evan got ready within a few hours before the ball; andie was wearing a large baby blue gown that had glittery assents on the skirt of it, short, puffy sleeves with ruffled edges that had little butterfly patterns on them, white flats, and her hair was in a low bun that complimented her curtain bangs and front pieces to finish off.

not to mention that andie's skirt of the gown was absolutely huge. she kind of did look like cinderella.

evan's was more simple; a baby blue tuxedo with black lapels, a white dress shirt that had a baby blue tie to add to the tux, fancy leather shoes, and his hair was fixed the way it always was, except it had a bit of gel to hold the curls.

"woah, andie..."

"is it too much?" andie asked, giving evan a small spin to show the whole dress.

"it's not too much. you look gorgeous, andie." evan complimented, taking in the view of his best friend.

"you don't look too bad yourself, evan. though... you kind of look like willy wonka." she joked, earning a nudge from him, "when does the ball start?"

"soon, we just have to wait until one of the guards give us 'the knock'." evan replied, earning a confused look from andie, "don't ask. it's hard to explain."

"right... where's maeve?" she asked, scanning the room for the blue creature.

"here!" maeve spoke, appearing in front of andie's eyes, causing her to flinch, "sorry if i scared you, i just had to do a few adjustments to your dress! speaking of..." they flew a few feet back, taking in the full view of andie, "my, oh, my. you are absolutely gorgeous! i think my work here is done."

"stop, you're boosting my ego." she joked, "alright, the guard should give 'the knock' any minute. so, maeve, get into stone form, pretty please."

"sure thing!" they spoke, setting themselves onto andie's palm, before turning into the stone they were before.

andie placed the stone into her locket before closing it shut, not wanting it to fall out.

"do we just wait now?"

"yep... we just wait."

soon, a knock was heard at the door, causing evan to shoot his glance at it, observing the knock pattern.

"it's starting, we should go down now, andie." evan spoke, looking over at his best friend, who was occupying herself by applying a light shade of red lipstick on, "who are you trying to impress? josh?" he teased.

"shut up. let's go." she spoke, walking towards the door with evan trailing behind her, "where are we supposed to be meeting anyway?"

"main hall. but josh never specified where to enter."

"we'll figure it out, hopefully."

the two continued to walk down the corridors, making their way towards the main hall. comfortable silence filled the air, the two were mentally preparing on meeting people or having to interact, or even dance with them too.

once they reached the entrance, they gave each other a quick glance before turning towards the entrance once more.

"you go first." andie suggested, nudging him forward.

"what?! why me?!" he asked, turning towards her.

"because — just do it!"

evan groaned. he proceeded to dust himself off before turning towards the door once again. taking a deep breath, the guards opened the double doors, welcoming the well decorated main hall.

the hall was filled with many people that wore white and many shades of light blue. they looked pretty fancy.

as he walked down the staircase, he felt many eyes on him, but that was okay! he wasn't as anxious as he thought he was.

he was proud of himself to overcome his fear.

once evan reached the bottom of the stairs, he looked up, waiting for his best friend to walk down.

on andie's side; she was scared. she didn't want everyone to be watching her every, single move. but, she had to. this was her first ball and she might get the chance to dance with josh.

dance with josh..?

why did she care if she had the chance to dance with him?

she pushed those questions in her head aside. the only thing she had to do was to try to focus on getting herself past those stairs, and get lost into the crowd.

the doors opened. everyone looked up at the girl in the large, blue, gown with brown hair, who was standing at the top of the staircase.

whispers and glances filled the room. andie couldn't tell if it was a positive thing or not. the voice in her head, however, was telling her it wasn't a positive thing.

as andie walked down the stairs, she made direct eye contact with josh, who seemed to be speaking to a few guests at the ball. he turned his head fully to face her, eye's widening.

josh couldn't believe his eyes, andie seemed to be the prettiest girl he's ever seen. she looked like a princess.

and maybe — maybe she could be his princess.