𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 ~ 𝕰𝖓𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗

(About a week later)

Aura was at the table eating a snack when Kiyo came into the room. "I heard Kyojuro-kun and his student came back from their mission." He informed her. "Is it okay for me to visit?" She asked. "I don't see why they wouldn't let you. They're recovering at the Butterfly Mansion. You know where that is, right?" Aura nods her head and heads out of the house to walk to the Butterfly Mansion.

She knocks on the main entrance door and a girl with pitch black hair and purple eyes opens the door. "Who are you?" She asks. "Aura Yasui. I'm here to visit Kyojuro Rengoku." She answered. "Ah, follow me." She waves for her to follow her.

They walk inside and head down a couple hallways, then they stop at a door. "He's recovering in here. He's most likely asleep, though." The girl warns her. "Thank you." Aura thanks the young girl. "You're welcome." Then she went on her way.

Aura slowly opened the door to see a sleeping Kyojuro. She walked into the room and shut the door quietly to not wake him. She took a seat on the chair next to his bed. He looks like he got into one big fight.. She observed all the cuts and bruises on his face. At least they won. Could this mean he could become a hashira? She wondered if he finally achieved his dream.

She looked around the room she was in. It was full of medicines and such. Kyojuro had many tubes sticking from his arm. Hopefully he recovers soon. Aura started playing with his surprisingly soft hair and slowly fell asleep.

————

(Kyojuro's POV)

I woke up to see Aura-san sleeping beside me with one hand in my hair as if she were playing with it. I could feel cheeks burn up. She came to check on me? I felt twinge of guilt in my heart. I probably made her worry when she saw me.

I sat up, Aura-san's hand falling onto my bed. "Aura-san, wake up." I gently nudge her to wake her up. Her eyes slowly open. "Kyojuro-san? Are you feeling alright? Do you need anything? Do I-." I cut her off. "I'm fine, Aura-san. Just a bit sore." I assure her. She sighs. "You had me worried for a bit." "I'm sorry, I should've been more careful in battle." I apologized to her. "No, no, you were just doing your job." She assures me this time. I give her a smile of relief.

Her eyes then go wide and turns her head away from as if she were embarrassed. "A-Aura-san? Did I say something wrong?" I asked worriedly. She shakes her head frantically. "No, no, not at all. It's just... you're a bit... bright?" She answered. Bright? "What do you mean by that?" I ask her. "N-Nothing, forget I said it." She smiled awkwardly. "Alright.. if you say so.." I raise my brow, but I dropped the topic.

"I should get a nurse or someone who works here.." She mumbles. "Just ask for someone named Shinobu." I tell her. "Alright, I'll be right back." She says and walks out of the room to get Shinobu-san. There was nothing else for me to do, so I just went back to sleep.

————

(Aura's POV)

I left Kyojuro-san's room to find this Shinobu person. I walked into the girl who opened the door for me again. "Hey, do you know where someone named Shinobu is?" I ask her. She nods her head and gestured for me to follow her, so I do. We stop at a door and she says, "Shinobu-sama is in here. I do not know if she's currently working or not." She warns me again. "Alright, thank you again." I bow my head slightly. She nods her head and walks back down the hallway.

I knock on the door and a voice answers, "Come in!" I open the door to reveal a beautiful girl around my age. She has black to purple hair and deep purple eyes. So this is Shinobu-san. "Um, I just came to report to you that Kyojuro-san woke up." I inform her. "Thank you for telling me. I'll be there in a minute." She smiles. "Alright.." I close the door and head back to Kyojuro-san's room. Something was off about her smile. Eh. I open the door and walk into his room to find him sleeping again. Man, he must be tired. I don't blame him, though. I sat down again on the same chair and waited for Shinobu-san to come and check on him.

About fifteen minutes later, Shinobu-san came in to check on Kyojuro-san. "So did he fall asleep again?" She asked me. "Yeah, he's really tired." I answered her. She nodded, "I bet." She checked his vitals and the tubes that were in his arm. "His recovery seems to be going smoothly. He just needs to rest for a month or two and take it easy." She said. "Thank you, Shinobu-san." I thanked her. "It's no problem, -.." "Ah, it's Aura Yasui." I stated my name. "Yasui-san." She finished her sentence and walked out of the room.

I started to play with Kyojuro-san's hair again. His hair is really pretty. I then could feel myself burning up. Nonetheless, I kept playing with his hair before falling asleep again.

(Kyojuro's POV)

I wake up again to Aura-san's hand in my hair again. She must really like my hair. I smile at her behavior and sit back up again. I nudge her to wake up again. "Mmh... Kyojuro-san..?" She mumbles as her eyes slowly open. "You fell asleep with your hand in my hair again." I tell her. Her face slowly turns into a bright red. "I-I'm so sorry, Kyojuro-san!" She apologized, bowing her head slightly. "Hey, hey, it's alright! Calm down, Aura-san!" I reassure her. She stops bowing her head, but the furious red in her face does not go away. I start to worry. "Are you okay, Aura-san? Your face is really red." She turns her face away from me. "I'm fine, Kyojuro-san."

(Aura's POV)

He tilts his head to the side in confusion. This man is going to be the death of me! I thought as I blushed again.

Author's Note:
Thank you for reading Chapter seven! Sorry about the POV changes throughout the story. I'm not good at writing in third person. (1073 words)