Chapter 7: Sokovia

Start from the beginning

I jogged around the corner to where Wanda was and saw Hawkeye shooting at the oncoming as well.

"Get of the bridge!"

A few people stood stuck, watching in fear. I carefully nudged them to move as I walked further to the edge. "Go!"

A red force field formed around the people, courteously of Wanda. I kept helping the innocents out. Slightly pushing them into the direction.

"Ah." I turned my head so quick, I could have gotten whiplash. I saw Wanda crash to the ground. In an instant, I blasted back the bots, shattering them. They were easily replaced.

Pietro speed through the streets, knocking past the robots, pulling them into pieces.

Loud grumbling caught my attention. I finished pulling apart one robot, when I noticed the ground below me break. Wanda and Clint was a few feet away from me, helping the people to safety, holding on to some crates so they wouldn't fall.

A man ahead of me jumped to the bridge, but was sent flying down off the edge. To steady myself, I lent up against the wall on my left.

"Sokovia is going for a ride."

"Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight if your failure."

Ultron spoke through the robots. I sent one into the ground, but it was replaced instantly. The same glowing red eyes on the next.

"Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me." Clint shot at the robot this time, another again took its place.

"It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

I saw Wanda, petrified, lean against the car. I ran over to her, placing a hand to her shoulder. She looked back to me with glassy eyes, and mumbled under her breath to me. "This is the end of our home." I gulped back, but nodded to her. We both looked to the oncoming army.

"Cap, you got incoming."
"Incoming already came in." Steve and Tony's voice was heard through my comm.

Blue shattered the iron leagion, as Wanda was standing behind me, shooting at any her way. Clint was beside us with his arrow, preparing to aim another. The blast of a bot caused us to duck as Steve's voice rang in our ears.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart."

"You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

I looked back to Clint as I was getting tired from having to shield of the army. "They keep coming." I mutter with a groan, turning back to look at him. "Then keep killing them" He said back, pulling an arrow towards another. With a low annoyed growl in my throat, I turned back to the machines, crossing my hands over, pulling them apart and sending them towards the ground with a clutter.

Wanda helped the people to safety, protecting them from the mess around us. She blasted over a bot before hiding behind a door, panting out of breath.

Barton run onto the car, flipping off over a bot, and sent an arrow his way.

A group of the Iron Legion came in our directions. Our eyes went wide at the amount that came. "Go, go, go!" Clint yelled to us, guiding us to a small hut beside us. The three of us crashed through the window, landing with a thud and on shattered glass. Clint helped Wanda moved to the right wall, as I groaned, moving to sit against the wall on the left.

"you good?" He looked to me, i was holding a hand over my right arm, the glass cut across my upper arm. I nodded back, biting down on my lower lip with my eyes closed.

"How could I let this happen?" Wanda cried, moving closer to the wall.

"Hey, hey, you okay?" He placed a hand on her arm, checking if she was injured. "This is all our fault."

"Hey, look at me, It's your fault, it's everyone's fault. Who cares? Are you up for this?" Barton looked at her, then glancing to me then back to her. "Are you? Look, I just need to know. Because the city is flying. Okay. Look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense."

A round of shots blasted through the wall. I ducked in time as Barton grunted, and Wanda gasped. Clint sent an arrow back to them through the hole. He moved back down, focusing on speaking back to Wanda and I.

"But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit." I looked over to him, focusing on his lecture. "It doesn't matter what you did or what you were. If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill." He looked between me and Wan.

" Stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come find you." he then turned to me . "same for you."

"But if you step out that door," Barton moved his attention back to Wanda. "you are an Avenger."

None of us said a word as he glanced at both of us. He just grabbed an arrow, and got ready to get up. "All right. Good chat."

Casually, he walked to the door. Grabbing a gold box thing from his left ankle, he brought it to the arrow, making three grow out. "Yeah, the city is flying." he grumbled then exhaled. With a back kick to the door, he turned around, shooting instantly at the Iron Legion.

I crawled over to her, trying to avoid being seen my a bot. "We can do this. You can do this. For Sokovia, for our home.... For mama and papa." She looked up to me. Tears blurred her vision but nodded none the less. "Then be the badass witch I know you are."

She took a deep breath, got up and marched towards the doors. With a dep breath, she threw a red blast, causing them to fly open. I watched as she held a arm to her right, then pulling her other arm over, making the bot split in half. Red swirled in a ball in her hand, throwing it into the bots. I got up walked through the door, sapphire emerging from my hands, tearing the army apart.

When the group of them died down, Clint looked over to us and sent a nod. We returned it and the three of us walked beside one another, checking for more danger.

"All right, we're all clear here."

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve grunted back over comms.

"All right, coming to you."

In a flash, Pietro speed over to us, picking up both me and Wanda, and ran of again with us.

"Keep up old man." I chuckled at my brothers words.

"Nobody would know. Nobody." Clint put the arrow back. "The last I saw him, an Ultron was sitting on him. Yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already."

☠︎︎