"Please—I need—my son he's—" He was starting to heave and pant, not just from running blocks but from starting to cry.

Dream was no better but at least his breath was even enough to speak so he stepped forward, placing a hand on Sapnap's shoulder, and spoke for him.

"He's, looking for his...son? Tubbo—uh..." Dream trailed off not knowing his last name. He hoped the nurse would understand.

She gave them a sympathetic look before saying one moment and typing away at her computer. Sapnap stared at her, tears dripping down his face as he tried breathing.

Dream noticed and smoothly slid his arm around his shoulders, pulling him close and saying small little reassurances.

"You're okay, just breathe, breathe Sap, breathe.." Dream whispered.

Sapnap appreciated the gesture so he leaned more into Dream's side to hopefully show that without having to be verbal. He listened and took deep breaths never removing his eyes off the nurse.

"Okay, Tubbo Evanson correct?" The nurse asks to confirm. Dream looked down at Sapnap to make sure the lady was right, he nodded before taking a deep breath.

He wiped his cheek sloppily, "Yes—that's his mother's last name, but—I'm—the father."

Dream nodded.

"Right, and you sir are who, only family members can visit him?" She asks turning to face Dream.

The blond suddenly felt small under her gaze as he tried to think of something to say.

He opened his mouth to just say the truth and face reality that he'd have to leave Sapnap and just accept that this is as far as life will let him through but no words come out his mouth.

Someone else spoke for him.

"—He's my fiancé. So his uh stepfather." Sapnap says in one breath, hiding his hands as he has no ring.

She eyes them for a second, looking as if she would say no and ask Dream to take a seat or leave but didn't. She nodded and turned back to her computer.

Dream feels his whole body heat up at the words and he swears he's literally in a story because no way Sapnap, the guy who has been trying to get rid of him all night just lied to a registered nurse that he was his fiancé. Not even boyfriend or anything just straight to marriage. And no way this random lady thinks he's a stepfather, holy shit he's not ready for that talk.

"I don't...want you to go yet." Sapnap mumbles as the nurse turns back to them.

Dream doesn't get a chance to respond or react before she speaks up.

"Tubbo has been brought because of a high fever, non-stop cold sweats, and he puked in the hospital room. We ran some tests and are waiting to see if it's an infection, but his Godfather, Karl Jacobs yes?" She pauses and waits for a nod or an okay which she receives from Sapnap.

"—He's in the room with him right now. You both may go in to see him, but he is asleep so it may be a while. He's in room number 208 up the elevator. Just fill these out and bring them back." She finishes and hands then a clipboard with some documents and a pen. Dream takes them and mutters a small thank you as Sapnap just rushes over to the elevators.