Prologue

Perseus Jackson POV

I was in my mom's apartment, cooking, the war against Gaea was done, we've won, but not without dear causalities. At least Annabeth was still with me, thinking of her made me smile, amidst the chaos, my wise girl brought me warmth, my light in the darkness. 

Soon I found that the pancakes I were making were becoming charred and started to smoke, instantly I pointed at the sink, then streams of water shooted out and doused the smoke. 

Grumbling I brought the pancakes to the table, my mom, Sally Jackson, was on a vacation some where in the world, somewhere safe. She moved during the war, for her own safety, with Paul Blofis and the baby in her tummy. And she won't be returning for some time, so I had to cook my own food, I felt ready to puke every time I cooked, even I couldn't take the taste of my own food, eating it was like eating toxic chemicals.

Halfway through my charred breakfast the bell ringed, I scrambled to the door, my hand rested on top of my pocket, where riptide was, ready to slice anyone at the door who proved themselves a threat. 

I opened the door, and instead of the monster I was expecting, I faced a beaming Annabeth instead. 

"Hey seaweed brain."

I beckoned for Annabeth to come in, she went and sat on the sofa.

"Um, need anything?"

"Actually, yes, do you know that we're going to receive our rewards in three days, for defeating Gaea?"

"Yea."

Annabeth stood up and walked towards me, then pulled me into a hug, I hugged her back, albeit a bit confused.

"Then do you know, I've found a way to increase the rewards."

I noticed that Annabeth's hand slipped into my pocket and grasped Riptide, then she pulled away from me, she uncapped the pen, and instantly it turned into my trusty sword form, she twirled it, although in an awkward way, she wasn't proficient in swords. 

I was getting more and more confused.

"Give me your two hands."

I stretched out my two hands, which she grasped with her other hand, then riptide lunged to my abdomen, I tried to pull my hands out or back away, but Annabeth grasped them tightly, I slumped down the floor once Riptide plunged through me.

"Why?"

I asked. The strike was deadly, but it won't take my life immediately.

Annabeth stood there, and said. "Your, sacrifice shall be noted. You see, Perseus, what would happen if one of the greatest heroes, my boyfriend, were to suicide? Leaving me in despair. Well the rewards would definitely increase, oh the poor oh Annabeth, left behind by her boyfirend. They would console me, give me presents, even the gods."

"Do you really believe that? They might just give you your due reward."

"Well, that was just a additional benefit, let me tell you my main reason." Annabeth chuckled darkly.

"You see, I have another boyfriend, and if our relationship is found out, we would be shunned and cursed, but if my legal boyfriend dies then our relationship would be justified, with him healing my broken heart." At the end of her sentence, Annabeth laughed disgustingly, then she stopped, looked at me and said.

"Well then, goodbye Perseus."

And my life as Perseus Jackson, demigod, Annabeths boyfriend, saviour of Olympus, twice, ended.

And somewhere else, a god with a frozen heart was born.