25

I raise my hands up, above my head, as he points a gun at me.

"Pass me the money and remaining product." He says. Shit. I was in a bind. How could I possibly get out of this without being shot. Think, Andrea, think!

I needed to get the gun out of his hand, or at least, reach for my own gun behind me. I raise my hands up slowly, as I watch him.

"The product! What you don't understand English, eh?!" He yells. I nod, looking at the window, so as to distract him for a moment.

"P-police." I state, and he tilts his head with a swiftness, and I grab the gun out of his hand almost immediately. The taxi driver is speaking in Russian, but I pay no attention to him. "Raise your hands up! Who are you?" I ask, as he raises his hand, scanning me carefully. I tighten my grip on the gun as I wait for him to speak. "I asked, who the fuck are you?"

"You're wrong for this. If you harm me, my family won't sit still."

Family. That was what the mafia members referred to themselves as.

"Which family do you belong to?" I ask. He doesn't answer. "Who do you work for? Who's your boss?" I ask. He looks away.

"I'll blow up your head, right now, if you don't answer me," I state, cocking the gun. He looks at me. I aim for his knee, and I look at him. "I'll ask you one last time. Which family are you from?" There's so much tension in the air, and he refuses to answer. "You leave me no choice." I say.

"Wait!" He screams, just as I'm about to press the trigger.

"Volkov. If you do anything to me, they'll have you killed. You disrespected our territory!"

"I disrespected your territory? What does that mean? Get talking, or I swear to God I'll kill you here."

"You sold drugs in our area. It's forbidden. Whether you like it or not, you're a dead woman if they find out!"

"If they find out?" I ask, thinking, and carefully accessing his words. "So you're saying you saw me selling it. Only you. No one else knows."

He looks at me, shocked. I was right. He was the only one who knew what I'd done. "If you saw me alone and approached me to steal my money, and the remaining product, like you asked it could only mean one thing." I say. I continue, "You're a rat. You're not loyal to your family. You were going to steak from to resell, weren't you?" I ask.

"You don't know a thing!" He responds.

"Anyway, I could care less whether you betray them or not. I just need one thing from you. Where can I find him? Your boss. Volkov."

"Keep driving, sir." I say to the driver. "Tell him where to go. You're gonna take me to your boss, okay?"

"It's not possible. You'll get not only yourself killed, but me too." He says.

I exhale. "You are saying useless things to me. None of that matters to me. I'll really kill you, if you don't tell me what I wanna know. Listen, don't underestimate me." I warn him.

God had sent this petty thief to me on purpose. It was divine timing.

"It's not possible, I say this! Because I don't know where he is or who is he."

"I don't believe you."

If I shot him, it'd be a stupid move on my part. It would draw the attention of people, and possibly the police. And if that happened, I would be in some serious problems.

"Tell the man where he can take us to. Do it!"

"You'll pay for this. You can go now, or suffer it." He says, and I cock the gun so he knows I mean business. He says something in Russian to the driver and he drives off.