Prehistoric Airlines

Start from the beginning

She smiled at me and patted my shoulder as she walked towards the latter. I sighed when she was out of earshot, I intended on leaving very soon since there will be more time to explore. Someone was listening intently nearby, and sad to say it was Kenji.

"Oh, is that what you intend on doing today? Then how about Kenji join you for some...adventuring!" Kenji tried some type of pose, I stared blankly at him while the silence ensued.

"..."

"..."

"So, what're we doing today?," Kenji asked as he leaned his back against a wooden pillar.

"I was thinking of going west of the island, I noticed some type of monorail attraction near the cliffs—," Kenji cuts me off.

"Say no more, I know exactly where it is," Kenji waved his hand dismissively.

"You sure? It might be dangerous and I don't expect you to—" again, he had dismissed my warnings.

"I'll be fine, it's you that I'm worried about," He smirked at me as he walked towards the latter. It had confused me, it was like he knew something I didn't.

And Kenji knowing something I didn't never felt right.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"You and Brooklynn have seemingly been getting closer," Kenji raised a knowing eyebrow, "Whats been happening with you two superstars?," Kenji smirked at me from my left.

"I'm the only one she can talk to that is interested in her adventures, not much of the YouTube fan, but I love adventures and exploring," I obliviously smiled at Kenji.

He seemed to be disappointed in my answer.

"Can you tell me more about you're family?," he asked innocently, I haven't told my fellow campers that much about my family or me for that matter.

Naturally, curiosity had taken over.

"Umm—I guess so?"

"My two grandfathers were best friends since childhood, they eventually found the loves of their lives and had one child each, who are my Mother and...Father," I looked over to see if he was still paying attention.

"They eventually fell in love and had me, so my grandfathers who were always like brothers to each other, had become actual family together," I let out a soft sigh.

"My Grandfather, Howard, my mother's dad, died some years back...he thought he could do things like me, but this world has cruel people," I felt my fists clench by theirselves, "Like my father..."

"Anyways, I found out my Grandfather was this notorious poacher, but he had officially retired when I was born," I scratch the back of my neck, "I then found out my father was also a notorious poacher, known as the greatest, and so my love for animals had been shot by the fact that my family are brutal killers."

"I still hate them, George is tolerable these days, probably because he has not been well recently," I sighed and stared out ahead, "My Mother left my Father and I when I was younger, I didn't know her that much, mainly because the constant arguments with my father that I had."

"She did take me to beautiful places though."

Kenji had gone silent, I started overthinking like usual. Is he asleep? Was he paying attention? Did I leave him behind? Luckily he wasn't any of those.