Rest Well

96 years old. That's how old Ron was. And just like any other humans, his health is declining due to the old age although it is certainly a feast that he manage to even goes past eighties.

However, at the moment, even that ex-servant found himself present along with some more familiar faces of their little family.

Including the Emperor of Roan Empire and even the 39 years old full-fledged black dragon, Raon Miru, there are several more people standing in this familiar room.

They are currently gathering around a familiar bed that they've been visiting frequently for the last few months where that crimson head of their beloved family member could be seen as the person himself is breathing softly, his eyes slowly opens as he smiled warmly at the sight of them.

"Human..."

The shaky voice of the youngest in the group could be heard as a weak hand slowly reach out to the jet-black locks, ruffling it gently.

"Everyone..."

As the soft voice spoken, nobody dares to say a single word.

They knew.

They all knew that it is the time.

Cale Henituse who is on his death bed, will finally leave them soon.

"...these past years we have together... it is the happiest moments of my life..."

He is being genuine. Which is why, it is so hard for them not to choke on their own emotions.

Lock and several others clenched their fists while On and few of the rest could not stop on their tears.

It's hard and painful.

To watch the light that has been beaming so brightly in those Reddish-brown pairs slowly dimmed as the owner withers right before their eyes.

That being said, nobody averted their gaze.

Even as tears flowing down to the ground, they all smiled as they listened.

"...I had fun"

Cale Henituse, who was formerly known as Kim Rok Soo had a lot of fun as his soul reached 71 years old.

"Us too, Cale-nim..."

That was Choi-Han who is crying the hardest despite the smile he is supporting.

"Thank you for coming to our lives"

"We had a lot of fun"

"And we will continue to live happily"

The trio of the youngest mentioned with heavy hearts.

"You will not be forgotten, but we won't let this drag us down"

Eruhaben reassured. That ancient dragon knows that this unlucky bastard would still worry about such trivial things.

He was proven right as the stiffness on Cale's shoulder finally gone.

"It is a pleasure to serve you, young master"

The red-head could no longer see, but he can imagine Ron's benign smile that first greeted him to this world to be present on the old man's face right now.

"We'll keep Henituse territory and Roan Empire safe..."

Basen also said his line as the lord of this Duchy.

"Which is why. It is fine now, dear dongsaeng. Rest well"

As if that's the clarification he needed, Cale Henituse, at the age of 53 years old, the infamous hero that'll never be seen again, the savior of these strong individuals that has become his dearest family, breathed his last as his eyes flutter close with a relieved smile on his face.

Finally, he reached eternal rest...