"Hermione, you are going to be so busy, the time will fly by. Plus I will come and visit you every chance I am allowed. I know you can do it, and I want you to go. I know it is what you want. We should both do what we want."

Hermione nodded and leaned into Ron. She breathed in the fresh air and started to calm down. Ron was right, they should both be able to do what they want, and what they wanted was going to help them heal. Plus Ginny was going to be there, and Neville and Luna. She would have friends there, and Ron was right she was going to be busy doing her work and studying. 

"You know you will be a great Auror." Hermione had sat up and smiled at him. She was glad that Harry and Ron were going to be together. They would both have support. All of these thoughts were making her feel much better. 

"Thank you, Hermione."

"Ginny are you sad that Harry isn't going?"

"I am sad, but I don't want to be the person that holds him back either."

"I know what you mean. I want Ron to come so badly but I know he needs to start working." Hermione sighed and tried to calm down. All the positive thoughts she had had early about the decisions they had made her gone, and she was just sad now. 

"I am glad that you are going to be there though."

Hermione smiled and nodded. She was also happy that Ginny was going to be there.

"Do you think we will have a quiet year?" Ginny laughed and looked at Hermione intently. 

"I would think so, Harry isn't going to be there." Hermione laughed as well. 

September 1st had arrived sooner than anyone would have liked. As happy as they all were with the choices they had made it was hard to say goodbye to one another. Hermione was being engulfed in a hug by Ron and Harry. They didn't dare let go yet for fear the girl in their arms would fall apart. She needed them more than she had known up to this moment. And frankly, she was afraid that they needed her. They always had, and now she wasn't going to be there for them. 

"I'll be alright you guys. I promise. I am okay." Hermione had taken a few breaths and she was fine. She made herself be alright. 

"I love you Gin," Harry kissed her forehead one more time before they started boarding the train. 

Hermione waved to Ron as long as she could and then sat next to Ginny in the compartment that she had gone to. 

"We will be fine Hermione, a nice easy year for once. We both have to relax otherwise we won't enjoy our last year at Hogwart's, and isn't that why you wanted to come back?"

"You are right again, Gin. That is why I wanted to come back. I want to make the most of it, and that starts with stopping all this worry."

"Well as long as you promise to help me if I get a little too sad, I promise to help you."

"Deal."

"Hello!" Luna had slid open the door and sat down. "How are you two?"

"Good Luna, how are you?" Hermione smiled at Luna, they had grown close over the summer, and was glad that she was returning to Hogwart's as well. 

"You know I was thinking that this year was going to be a good one, but now I am having some funny feelings I can't put my finger on."

"Really Luna?" Ginny was looking at Hermione skeptically and Hermione was looking back worried. She didn't want an eventful year. She wanted to do well on her exams and take in the magic of Hogwart's and that is all. 

"You never know. It could be because I woke up with my feet towards the headboard of my bed." Luna opened up her copy of the Quibbler and started reading it. Saying nothing else of the funny feeling she was having. 

Hermione smiled as she stepped into the Great Hall. She was thrilled to be back, now that she was actually here, she couldn't help but relax. She sat down and looked around and a single tear fell from her eye and she remembered everyone that gave their lives to rid the world of evil. 

"It is scary how few first years there are." Ginny had leaned over and started to whisper to Hermione as they walked in and up to the front of the hall. 

"You would think there would be more, the war hadn't started yet. It isn't like their parents knew Voldemort was on the rise again."

"Maybe people left England and haven't returned." 

"Well, perhaps. But wouldn't you want your kids to come to Hogwart's?"

"Of course I would, but I am sure people are still afraid. Maybe they are choosing to keep their children home. There was a battle here. Maybe they thought Hogwart's wouldn't be ready yet."

"We have magic, of course, it would be ready. They wouldn't let us back if it wasn't."

"Hermione, fear makes people do crazy things."

Hermione nodded and turned her attention to the rest of the sorting. She noticed that many of the students were being sorted into Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. Gryffindor had the least amount of first years. Slytherin even had more. After everyone was sorted McGonagall stood up and spoke about everything they overcame and Hermione had to concentrate hard not to cry. 

"The food is as good as a remember." Ginny smiled and scooped some potatoes on Hermione's plate. 

"Do you think it is weird that McGonagall is getting back up to speak?" Hermione had been watching intently everything that was going on, she was not hungry at all. She was particularly curious about the blonde hair boy that was sitting at the Slytherin table all on his own. Draco Malfoy back at Hogwart's. Hermione couldn't believe it. 

"No, she is probably just going to tell us we need to go to bed." Ginny went back to her pudding and talking with Neville. 

"I would like all 5th and 6th-year prefects to lead all 1st through 4th years back to the dorms. All 7th-year students are to stay in the hall." McGonagall sounded worse than she did earlier. 

"So much for going to bed, maybe Luna was right." Ginny had a frown on her face and looked angrier than Hermione had seen in a while. 

"I have some news that the Ministry wishes for me to tell you. I want you to know that I am going to support each and every one of you through all of this. I promise." The Headmistress took a breath and looked ahead not daring to meet the eyes of any of these kids. They were just kids. "The Ministry has put in effect a Marriage Law. And it starts today, with all of you. Everyone between the ages of 17 and 24 will be matched with someone that the Ministry deems suitable for them and they are to be married. The Ministry is under the impression that the magical community is dwindling in number and they want to boost the population."

There were shouts of protest, some people were crying, and others were just sitting in shock. Ginny had stopped listening and was now writing Harry quickly. She wasn't losing him for the Ministry. She was his and he was hers. They were meant to be together and the Ministry wasn't taking that away from her. Hermione couldn't think like that, all she could do was sit there numb with shock.