[ chapter eight ]

Start from the beginning

he looked up at fundy, "how do i know you're not trying to kill me?" tommy questioned in fox. fundy chuckled but pretended to be shocked.

"you speak fox?!" he questioned back in fox. the two of them started laughing, tommy taking the pills after he had calmed down. the crew boys woke up and stayed with tommy for 30 minutes before the blond reassured them that he would be fine by himself. before the left, tommy called out for sapnap, starting to take off the hoodie he had given him.

sapnap stopped him and told him that he could keep it on. tommy thanked him and everyone else again, before they headed off. tommy sighed and started eating the toast that fundy had brought him. minutes later, a very sleep deprived will walked through the door.

tommy looked up and their eyes locked, "will!" tommy shouted. will grinned and walked over, hugging tommy as tightly as he could.

"tommy" he whispered into tommy's ear, sighing in relief. tommy basically melted under will. the brunette made him feel so safe and he had no idea why. will pulled away, wiping the corner of his eyes with his index finger knuckle. two younger boys walked in and their faces split into wide grins when they saw tommy.

ranboo and tubbo climbed into tommy's bed, hugging their older brother super tightly. tommy had to tap their backs as an indication to loosen their grips or he was gonna lose oxygen flow, "are you ok? should we get you anything?" tubbo questioned, pulling away, ranboo doing the same. tommy smiled and shook his head.

"who's hoodie is that?" ranboo questioned, seeing the unfamiliar hoodie on tommy. tubbo sniffed the hoodie, immediately picking up the familiar smell.

"sapnap!" tubbo responded. tommy nodded in acknowledgment. will left the triplets to reunite as he walked back out of the hospital room. he started walking towards the gazebo. he took a seat, picking up his guitar and tuning it.

will leaned back, closing his eyes and just strumming a soft tune. no singing, just the guitar playing. when he stopped, he heard soft clapping and jumped, opening his eyes. his eyes shot around trying to see who was applauding him and was met with his mother leaning against the entrance with a huge smile on her face, "that was beautiful will" she complimented, walking over and taking a seat next to will.

"oh" will started, looking up at his mother, "thank you"

"i never knew you could play the guitar" she said in her usual warm tone.

will smiled, gulping, "i've known how to play it for a while...just didn't tell you guys" he confessed, looking away from his mother. kristen smiled warmly, cupping the side of wills face, making him turn to face her. tears were threatening to spill out of his eyes and kristen could see the pain in his eyes. she gently cupped the other side of his face, making the boy face her completely.

"will.." she spoke softly, tears starting to spill out of wills eyes. he opened his mouth to say something, but all that came out of his mouth were a string of sorry's. kristen clicked her tongue and wiped away his tears with her thumbs, "you have nothing to be sorry for dear" she reassured.

will sniffed, "i didn't wanna disappoint you guys" he confessed.

"we could never be disappointed in you will. learning to play the guitar by yourself is a talent! if anything, we're proud of you" kristen spoke with a warm smile, making Will smile a bit too, "i'm sorry that you felt like you had to keep it a secret" she apologised. will wrapped his arms around her, kristen smiling and doing the same, rubbing his back gently.

they stayed in a comfortable silence, will occasionally sniffling at times. when he pulled away, he wiped away his remaining stray tears. kristen, ran her fingers through his hair, making it fall down to hide his face, "you really need a hair cut my love" she pointed out, causing will to chuckle.