Chapter 8: Drew-meo and Juliette

Start from the beginning

I stuck my tongue out. "You sure are slow Drew."

"Well you sure are forgetful."

"Nuh-uh, remember at 5th grade and when you 'forgot' to do your share of our project."

"You don't have to remind me, you bailed me out by making a back up report."

"No offense, but I knew the second you asked to be my partner I had to make the report knowing you'll forget."

"Yeah, yeah Julie saves the day. But it's T.G.I.F.4.M, didn't you remember?"

"Of course I did, you're such a tease Drew."

 He faked laugh. "T.G.I.F.4.M is at my house this time."

"Our kitchen still smells after you burned the popcorn and the fire alarm set off."

"It was an accident, okay? I read the directions wrong."

"Well burnt popcorn is my least favorite smell now."

He ruffled my hair. "That's for both of us."

I ringed Drew's doorbell. I was in my pajama shorts and a customized 'I'm With Stupid' tank top Drew got me for my 13th birthday. Ms. Turner opened the door.

"Oh hello Juliette, Drew is up at his room. Do you think you'll need anything for your T.I.F or is it T.M.G?"

"Actually it's T.G.I.F.4.M, and no its fine. We're going to order some pizza later."

"Well okay then, have a nice time."

She smiled, Ms. Turner is like a second mom to me. She sees me as the daughter she always wanted, and sometime's joked how she can't wait until I'm her daughter-in-law. Yup, she also keeps her hopes up for me and Drew.

I headed upstairs, and found Drew writing something like some letter.

"Aw, is that a love letter for me?" I joked.

He was startled to see me. "No, it's some report I have due at Monday."

"For Ms. Evans, English? I finished that in class."

He looked at me. "It's a 200 word essay, are you serious?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" I sat cross legged on his bed.

He sighed. "And I give you Juliette Rivers ladies and gents."

I rolled my eyes. "Show it to me later, I'll proofread it and then rewrite the whole thing."

"You have such little faith in me, Julie."

"Do the essay on tomorrow, I wanna watch the movie and make you suffah!"

He faked gasp. "Juliette, did you just.... used bad grammer?"

I threw him his pillow. "Just play the movie already!"

He tossed the pillow back to me. But since he's in the football team, so he doesn't know what tossing means anymore...

The pillow smashed into my face. I fell back to the bed, groaning.

"Oh crap. I'm so sorry Juliette. I forgot I'm not good and underhand passing anymore."

I groaned. "You suck."

"How many fingers am I holding?"

"Four."

"Oh no, what have I done? I held up 5 fingers Julie!"

"The thumb doesn't count as a finger, genius."

"At least I know her brain is still functioning."