Episode 27: Welcome to Training Camp

LET'S CATCH YOU UP TO SPEED...

"Hey! Sonic the Hedgehog here! I'm sure by now you know the gist of how things work around here! 80% of the planet has superpowers we call 'quirks'. Right now, I'm a UA student at UA on the path to becoming a pro hero. I've faced a few nasty villains so far, but with my speed and my friends by my side, there's nothing that can stand in our way!"

The day is finally here; Class 1-A's camping trip. Sonic is in his room getting ready and doing some last-minute packing for the journey to come.

Tom: Got everything you need Sonic?

Sonic: Just finishing up, Dad! Okay, essentials only. Toothpaste, toothbrush, hair gel, nightlight, this funny-looking hat, my entire comic book collection, beanbag chair... Can a beanbag chair fit in a backpack?

Tom: *laughing* You're only gonna be away for a few weeks, you're not moving out.

After rushing around the room, Sonic now stands in front of his dad with an overstuffed backpack. It's okay, I got everyth- *falls over* Oof! Okay... MAYBE I need less stuff.

Sonic says his goodbyes to his family as he gets ready and takes a rocketing start out the door on his way to school. Sonic speeds his way through the city, over buildings and past cars and people. On his way, he passes by Deku as he's also on his way to the campus. Deku sees Sonic, who just looks at him and grins without stopping as he runs by. Not a single word is spoken but Deku smiles, instantly knowing what they're about to do; Deku focuses his power into his legs and takes off after the blue blur leaving a lightning trail behind him. The race has begun.

Sonic: You might've gotten faster Green Machine, but there's still no way you're beating me!

Deku: We'll see about that Sonic! You were sloppy during our last race. Today just might be my day!

Sonic: Ha! In your dreams!

The two heroes-in-training go head to head as they always do on their way to school. Meanwhile, everyone else is waiting for them outside the campus.

Kirishima: Where the heck are those two?

Kaminari: Ya know for a guy with super speed, you'd think he'd be able to get here faster.

They keep looking in the distance, as Uraraka spots a twinkling in the distance.

Uraraka: Here they come now!

Mineta: Took 'em long enough.

Mina: Hey you guys!

Sonic and Deku are still running toward the others at extremely high speeds, but Sonic manages to outspeed Deku, braking hard before their classmates creating a huge dust cloud. Everyone else is coughing.