GIN IS GETTING MARRIED YET YOU WORRY ABOUT THE TIME HE GETS HOME

Start from the beginning

"You're father passed away, a while ago right?"

"Long time ago, why?"

"You're not afraid of leaving her alone?"

Yamamoto watched as you straightened up, answering without a second though. "No. She wouldn't be alone. She has Gin, Shinpachi, Kagura, Catherine, and everyone in the neighborhood to keep her company. She'll barely notice I'm gone."

You smiled contently at that thought. You seemed to want everyone to be happy and continue on as if nothing happened, at least, that's what Yamamoto thought. But really did anyone want to be forgotten by the people they loved most? He'd have to pry deeper.

"Speaking of your husband, how do you think he'd feel? How do you feel about it?"

Your chest heaved up and down as you thought about it. "He's dealt with a lot of loss in his life, and he regrets a lot. I want to let him not regret anything before I die, to help him deal with it. I think he'll get over it fairly quickly." You nodded to yourself, seeming content with your answer.

"How would you react if... nevermind, Sakata-san, that's enough for today, I think." He knew better than to make you picture Gintoki being hurt again.

"Yeah, I agree," you said, standing up quickly. "Although, to answer your unfinished question, I think it would take me a really long time to get over it. But I think I would cope eventually. Like I said, I have more people I love besides Gintoki. They'll help me get through it, as I know they'll do if it's me on the dying side."

Yamamoto nodded, seeming satisfied. "Have a good day Y/N-san."

You bowed. "You too sir."

When you left, he smiled to himself. "She's improving."

"Good morning!" Shinpachi greeted Otose, who was sweeping outside.

"Shinpachi-kun? Morning," Otose answered back, voice gruffy.

"You're early today," Shinpachi commented politely.

Otose sighed. "It's because you're all such idiots." Her eyebrows furrowed, as she remembered something. "By the way, you promised to pay last months' rent by today. Give that message to my good for nothing tenant and his wife."

Shinpachi scratched the back of his head sheepishly and nodded. "Oh yeah, sorry."

Otose huffed. "I really thought he'd learn to be a bit responsible when he got married."

Shinpachi let out a laugh. "Yeah, you'd think so! Well, it is Gintoki-san, you couldn't expect much."

"That is true," Otose mumbled under her breath. "I can't believe I let my only child marry that good for nothing."

"What was that?" Shinpachi asked.

"Nothing, go off and remind him!"

"Ah, so someone fell through the roof, and landed on top of Gin, and then he though he slept with her while he was blacked out and then he decided to take responsibility for it?"

"If you simplify it that much... yeah," Shinpachi said carefully, watching to see if you would get mad. I mean, they had really forgotten about you for a whole episode talking about Gintoki's love life.

"Hm, we have to do something about the ceiling, don't we? What a pity, I was hoping to buy some good meat."

"That's-?! That's what you're worried about?!" Shinpachi yelled. "Your husbands off to marry some ninja woman!!"

"Yeah, and he should be back by 11, he's a grown man, what's wrong with coming home a little late?"

"That's not the issue! He's marrying someone!"

"He's already married to me, Shinpachi. Did you forget?"

"No! But, I'm saying, he's marrying"-

"It's about time you go to bed Kagura!" You yelled, glancing at the time. "You too Shinpachi, if you really want to know when Gin comes back, I'll wake you up."

"I don't- I'm just saying... you know what? Nevermind."

Gintoki got home a bit late, nearing midnight. All the lights were out, you'd found out a way to quickly fix your roof, temporarily at least, and once you'd gotten over with the tiring day you'd fallen asleep.

Sachan stayed close behind him, even though he tried shooing her away.

He dragged his feet over to your room, and turned on the lights.

"I told you, go awa..."

You wore a robe to sleep, as you did when you were too tired to change. It had kind of ridden up, showing off your legs, and being very, very close to revealin-

Sachan felt something in her awaken.

She and Gintoki stood still, frozen, mirroring a picture, until Gintoki spoke.

"You should go now."

"No, I think I should stay."

"Uh, no, you should definitely go."

"I will definitely go... get a box of something. And come back."

"Good with me. Bring some meat too, she was telling me she wanted some yesterday. The good kind."