::5::

->❈

->❈

changbin and his mother got all their belongings packed into some boxes and suitcases. with the small, compact car that they had, they had difficulty trying to put their items in. the driver's seat and the passenger seat was reserved for the two of them. most of their boxes fit into the trunk. the remaining ones would fit between the front seats and the back seats, while the suitcases would go on the back seats.

changbin was excited to surprise jeongin and it was showing. "calm down, would you?" his mother laughed. his face flushed with embarrassment. everything was in the car and they went back up to the empty apartment to make a round. checking to make sure there wasn't anything that was theirs' left behind. 

they finished up by handing the keys to the owner and walked out to begin their adventure. they drove many miles and eventually reached the same apartment complex as seungmin's apartment. "stay here, okay? i'm going to check if they have an empty room," his mom requested. changbin responded with a nod and a hum. 

she opened the door and walked over to the entrance. a fifteen minutes later, she came back out. she opened the passenger door and pulled changbin out. "lets go," a smile on her face. locking the door, they both ran into the owner's office. said owner let out some giggles before resuming their professionalism. "alright, would you like to sign here?" they smiled. 

changbin's mom signed the forms after reading it thoroughly. the building wasn't super expensive and the units were decent sized. they weren't small and it would work out for the two of them. the owner brought them to their unit and let them know that someone across from them recently moved in as well. the duo knew right away who they were talking about.

changbin told his mom to stay in the room while he would go to get their stuff. "mom, you can unpack out stuff when i bring them up. wouldn't it be faster this way?" he asked. and she thought it was a good idea. she didn't want him to bring everything up by himself, but he did have a point. 

so, they spent a couple hours putting their things where they needed to be. and together, they knocked on the door across from them. jeongin, on the other side of the door, was really confused. seungmin had left the day before and won't be back till the next day. so who could it be?

he opened the door cautiously. he was the familiar faces and he lit up. "binnie! auntie!" he opened the door fully and gave them both a big hug. "what are you doing here?" he was in disbelief. "we moved here," changbin replied, a huge smile was on his face. jeongin was super happy. he was able to see his cousin more often now.

"i'll leave you boys to talk. i have to go buy some food. see you later," changbin's mom let them be and went back to their new apartment to gather her stuff. "okay, see ya mom," changbin said as he walked into jeongin's shared unit. they talked for a bit before they also left to look around. changbin needed a job to help his mom pay bills. 

by the time dinner came around, changbin had gotten an interview scheduled for the next day. he couldn't wait to tell his mom the news. the boys were watching something on jeongin's phone when changbin's mom came back. they prepared dinner and jeongin joined them to eat. 

"mom," the ravenette began. his mom looked at him with a questioning look. "i got an interview for tomorrow," he smiled at his mom. he face lit up, "great job, honey! i'm so proud of you!" "i'll nail the interview tomorrow. i'll get the job," he promised. "of course you will. there will be no reason for them to not hire you," she was confident.

->❈
a couple years later

felix had been working with chan for a while now. the two got to know each other and became very close. they both knew that the other was a mono and that they were both australian. the figured out the second one pretty quickly. the first took some time since there wasn't much trust between them at first.

they would talk about their customers a lot in english. nothing bad, but they don't need their customers to know what they're talking about. 

"okay, so like, this lady. she wanted me to make her an iced americano, stat. but the thing was, there was no ice!" the two Hurst into laughter behind the counter.

"you better get to work now," chan order. "yes sir," felix saluted. more giggles. the chocolate brown apron was put on and felix headed towards the counter.

the bell from the door jingled to signal that someone entered. "hello, welcome to chan's café! how may i help you today?" the same line was repeated over and over as the hours went by.

by lunch time, the blonde's throat began to feel dry. just one more person until he was allowed on break. the order was processed and given to the customer.

felix rushed to the staff room and collapsed on a chair. chan was getting ready for his shift. he may be the owner, but they were short on staff.

"are you okay?" worry was heard in his tone. "yeah, i'm fine. why do you ask?" gelix was confused. did he look that tired? "you just look a bit pale, that's all."

"well, i feel fine..." the boy trailed off. "what? what's wrong?" the older questioned. "co...lor?" "what?!" chan whisper-shouted. he didn't need to cause a scene or concern to their customers.

"I see color. it's faint, but it's there," the younger whispered. he walked outnof the room an scanned the small shop. someone with brunette hair sitting in front of a guy with green hair caught his eye.

"channie, who's that?" He asked while discreetly pointing to the duo. "um...the one with greenish hair is jeongin. he's my neighbor. but I don't know who the other guy is,' chan smiled sheepishly.

"oh, oh well," felix shrugged it off. he was about to go back to the break room, but stopped in his tracks. "what, what's wrong now?" chan asked.

"you said green hair," he muttered. 'what?" chan didn't hear what felix said. "you said green hair," felix repeated louder. "oh, about that-" "explain! explain now!" felix interrupted.

"shhhh, calm down," chan didn't want the customers to stare at them. "well then, i'm waiting," felix was impatient.

"i think he's my soulmate..." "and? he doesn't know, does he?" felix shook his head. "no, he doesn't. or at least i don't think he does," chan said sadly.

"how long?," felix questioned. "what?" the question caught the older off guard. "how long have you known?" felix clarified. "Hmm...maybe two year. i didn't really keep track."

felix shook his head again, "go over there." "what?! are you crazy?!" chan panicked. "i mean go clean their table."

word count :: 1189
time :: 12:42
a.n. :: the main story line begins !