"I left because I wa- was um rr-aped." She mumbled not even above a whisper making Elijah furrow his eyebrows due to him not being able to hear her.

"Mama speak up, Ian hear shit you said." He lifted her chin with his index finger moving her curls out her face wiping her wet face.

"I was raped elijah. That's why I left." She spoke louder moving her face back from his grasp avoiding eye contact with him leaving Elijah on the other hand speechless.

He didn't know how to feel hearing her say that, he thought maybe she left for some minor not something so serious.

It angered him that he wasn't able to protect her from such thing, it also angered him that he had been acting the way he was with her not letting her tell him this.

He was hurt, angry, remorseful, guilt, and more angry more so at himself but at the fact that somebody would even try that shit with his girl, his love.

His silence and deep breathing and unreadable facial expression let Zenaida know infact that he was mad.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry man I didn't know." He turned to Zenaida making her look at him as he apologized over and over.

"I was so inconsiderate, whole time you dealing with some heavy shit." He lowered his head laughing before he and Zenaida made eye contact again.

This time his eyes were darkened and his face held a mug, he studied her face and the parts of her body that was exposed noticing some bruises you could tell was old but was new to him.

"I'm so fucking sorry." He mumbled again pressing his forehead against hers wrapping his arms around her body for a long few seconds before he let go.

He was fuming on the inside but on the outside he showed remorse and regret in his body language.

"You don't gotta keep apologizing, it's not your fault. I really just wished you didn't treat me the way you did." Zenaida mumbled but Elijah wasn't hearing that.

It was his fault, he promised to protect her at all cost and he failed her, he failed the both of them.

"Do you know who did it?" He asked but Zenaida stayed quiet toying with the hem of her oversized sweater.

"Say something!" He voice was loud startling Zenaida making her jump.

"Don't yell at me." Zenaida snapped scooting over further away from him.

"Look I'm sorry man shit. I'm just frustrated right now." He rubbed his temples flexing his jaws out of habit when he was mad.

"If I tell you.. promise you won't go do anything crazy?" Zenaida whispered putting her hand on his arm making Elijah look over at her.

"I'm not promising shit." He shrugged her hand off him.

He was feeling his rage build up and he needed to hurry and act on it but with Zenaida stalling he couldn't get no where or do shit.

"Lijah.. you have to." She tried reaching out for his arm again but he stood up and punched the glass vase that sat on the coffee table making it shatter to the floor.