Stranded

Sol 100 10 days=2 years
20 years have gone by for you. I miss you. I miss the smell of your fresh pie coming out of the oven. I miss having a walk down the street without worrying about the radiation levels. I have been here too long. I forget what fresh air is like. When I was sent here, the idea was for me to be the first person to step on Planet X and get some data. The mission was simple: go to Planet X, collect the data, and come back before I was gone for too long. This stuff was taught in "How To Be An Astronaut 101". The complicated part was the danger level. I knew going in there would be a 87.3% chance I didn't come back. This is why they sent me alone, to prevent any unnecessary deaths. It was stupid of me to think that I would be lucky enough to come back home. I dreamt about my arrival home for a long time. I thought of my first steps back on my home planet. They might give me a congrats-for-not-dying metal. You would be so proud of me. They would put my name in the history books like a hero. Not that would do me much good. Now I have enough data to create a mini-Planet X on my home planet, and no way there
Sol 205
I remember landing, and I remember when I realized I wasn't going home, but I can't remember what home felt like. I feel lost, like an object floating adrift in space. Like I don't know where to go, I am just aimlessly wandering. I forgot what color your eyes are. I forgot what normal food tastes like. I am worried I will forget why I am here, or even who I am. I leave notes on the walls wherever I go. I speak to myself every couple of hours. "I have a name. I have a story. I have a brain. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. I remember numbers. I remember your smile." All I have to do is remember. I need to.
Sol 373
I have never been out of the ship. I always look outside, collect data, but I haven't stepped outside of the ship yet. I need air. I am suffocating. I can't keep living in here, like this. I know I am not supposed to exit, the notes say so, but who wrote them? Was it me? I know they are right, I can feel it. But why? I don't remember where I am, how I got here. Who am I even writing to? The notes tell me my name, but they don't tell me what I live for. I have to have a life somewhere, but I obviously can't go there. I can't imagine anyone I loved is still alive. I have no purpose. No one left to miss me, and no one I can remember to miss.
Sol 501
1 3 2 4 6 8. I remember how to count. 1 3 5 2. Who am I writing to? No, no, no, no. I have to play with Nellie. No. Oh no! I have to go to the market. We are out of apples. I better get dressed. I am going to put on my suit now.

He walks to his suit. It's double the size of him. "Ugh I don't have time for this." He takes off the suit, and walks to the hatch of the door. He tries to open the door but he is weak. With all the force he has in him, he manages to break out, and walk outside. He feels the harsh wind against his body. He takes as many deep breaths as he can, smiling like a maniac. He looks around the desolate planet when he sees his old planet, his old home. Suddenly, like a crushing wave, he remembers. He remembers everything. He remembers his favorite food. He remembers how he loved swimming. And he remembers that he will die. As he remembers this, he starts to have trouble breathing. He falls to the floor. His skin is being scorched by the radiation, and his lungs are being burnt and destroyed. He is dying. On a whim, he thinks of his diary, and remembers who he wrote to. He knows he is dying, but smiles. "I missed you Mom."