The one with the monkey

Joey, Phoebe and I were all at Monica's with Rach when Ross shows up. "Uh, guys, there is someone I would like you to meet." He steps into the room fully and reveals a small white and black Capuchin monkey on his shoulder. We all awe and I practically skip closer and hold my arm out to the little creature.

He climbs off of Ross and on to my arm before wrapping his arms around my neck, I coo at the small monkey and hold him like a baby to make sure he didn't fall. "Wait, wait, What is that?" 

"That would be Marcel. Want to say hi?" Ross says and pull me closer to Mon. "No no I do not." Mon steps back 

"Oh, he is precious. Where did you get him?" Rachel speaks up as I move closer to them and sit down next to Joey

"My friend, Bethel, rescued him from some lab." 

"That is so cruel. Why? Why would a parent name their child Bethel?" I snort at Phoebe's comment and continue to stroke Marcel's back.

Chandler then comes back from the bathroom just as Marcel jumps from my shoulder and climbs back up onto Ross "Hey, that monkey's got a Ross on his ass." I smirk at his humour but the others just pause for a moment before continuing on. "Ross, is he going to be living with you in your apartment?" Mon asks her brother still not quite sure about the monkey.

"Yeah. It's been kind of quiet since Carol left, so..." He trails of as he lift his arm out to the side of him slightly before letting them drop. He looked a little like a penguin and I had to try not to laugh at the mental image that had created. "Why don't you get a roommate?"

"Eh, I don't know. I think when you reach a certain age having a roommate is just kind of pathe..." He trails off when he notices four people glaring at him "Sorry, That's Pathet. It's Sanskrit for 'really cool way to live' " I roll my eyes at his attempt to save himself 

The others all go down to the coffee house while Ross and Marcel go back to the apartment and I go to work to do some last minute baking for the next day. When I do finally join the instead of phoebe being on stage where I had expected her to be she was standing at one of the tables, guitar in hand as she flirted with some cute nerdy looking guy with fluffy hair.

I smile when she looks up at me and I give her a sneaky thumbs up making her blush a little when she turns back to the guy. I take off my coat and sit on the ground in front of Joey since he was sat backwards on the chair as usual. "So what did I miss?"

"Well, we all made a pact that the seven of us wouldn't have dates this new year. Instead we are all going to have dinner together." I smile at Chandler as he says this and nod "I can get behind that idea."

"I also didn't get Santa this year. Instead I'm going to be one of his helpers." I give Joey a reassuring smile and reach up to ruffle his hair. "Well in that case, I bet you are going to be the best Elf ever." I say and he smile down at me "You think so?"

"I know so." I respond with complete confidence and his smile widens as his cheeks turn a little red. I get up to get a hot chocolate but Joey puts his hand on my shoulder to stop me before getting up instead. I smile and sit back down. A few minutes later he comes back with my drink and I pause my conversation with Mon to thank him before turning back to her. "So, I have something to ask you. Would it be okay for me to work with you for a few days and learn how to bake? I was reading through my resume and I wanted to fine tune a few details, and since I don't bake often I was thinking maybe you could mentor me?" I think over Mon's proposal slightly and since it would be taking time out of her work I knew I would have to pay her so I do some quick calculations in my head. I nod with a smile when I'm done. 

"I can do that, we will do three hours a day, $10 an hour, 5 days a week. That way it will fit in with my budget, give me time to actually teach you and make up for the few hours pay you would miss at work."