"you like that bakery over there don't you? let's go buy some sweets. belle would like some too" yuno looked away, the brief eye-contact between the two momentarily making his heart beat faster.

"you remembered?"

"i have a good memory."

—/<3/—

"the golden dawn will be dispatched to the town of kiten. it's on the border near the diamond kingdom. it is rumoured that a few of their shining generals will try to invade, along with their squads so we have to be there to stop them and protect the citizens of the town. myself and vice captain langris will be there too, so if you have any worries please come to us." william announced to his squad members.

the golden dawn was currently gathered in the main hall of their headquarters as their captain gave them their orders. today, they were to go on a mission as a whole, to protect the a village in the forsaken realm that sat on on the border of clover and the diamond kingdoms.

elle was excited. it has been a while since she had been out on the field, having been holed up in her palace completing paperwork on behalf of her uncle. adrenaline rushed through her body as she skipped over to klaus, mimosa, and yuno, smiling brightly.

"wanna head over together?" she asked them, eyes shining and raring to go.

"ah, klaus and i were planning on heading over with alecdora, but you two should go together!" mimosa stuttered, pushing klaus away from the two before elle could question why she was acting so weird.

"there's three of us!" belle shouted over angrily, shaking her tiny fist in their direction.

"why's she acting so weird..." elle mumbled, moving her hair so that belle could sit comfortably on her shoulder whilst she took yuno's hand and pulled him outside to where mimosa and klaus had disappeared.

belle silently fumed in jealously over their handholding but she chose to keep quite after seeing yuno hold back a small smile.

"dont worry about grabbing brooms, i'll fly us with my wind magic" yuno said, giving her arm a tug to stop her from walking.

"i'm pretty sure that guy over there is taking us with spatial magic yuno..." elle chuckled, looking back at him before beginning to walk again. "and even if we were travelling in pairs, using your wind would drain too much mana and you need it for the fight against the diamond mages."

"oh" yuno said. he was screaming at himself on the inside.

'how embarrassing' he thought. he was trying to be a gentleman and this spatial magic user messed it all up for him.

—/<3/—

so far, so good.

elle had taken down a few mages, including a general and restrained them in her golden spheres of time. they floated behind her, trapped in time, as she followed the mana trail to where she could feel her comrades fighting a shining general.

she followed the trail down an alley before ending up in an open space, a few people gathered there including yuno, belle, mimosa, klaus, the general that uses electricity knocked out on the ground, presumably by yuno and... the black bulls?

why were they here?

"asta, charmy, finral!" elle waved, smiling brightly "why are you guys here? i didn't know this was a joint mission."

"captain yami brought us here to help so we're evacuating the citizens!" asta greeted the princess, obviously not waving since he broke both of his arms during his mission in the underwater temple. elle nodded, accepting his reasoning before walking over to her three squad mates... plus belle.