When Original MC Meet Our MC

Start from the beginning

"Why are you asking about that child?"

Claude's question woke her from her thoughts. Athanasia showed a smile as innocent as possible while racking her brain to answer.

"Athy is very happy that Athy have a sister. It means Athy have a friend to play with besides Papa, Felix and Lily." She tried to explain from a six-year-old's point of view. "But Sister is never seen, even though Athy really wanted to meet her."

"That kid is busy learning what she should already know, so she can't play with you."

The flat answer sent a chill running down her spine. Athanasia just nodded and laughed awkwardly. "Haha, then Athy won't bother Sister."

When Claude didn't answer, she thought the conversation had ended and Athanasia wouldn't be able to meet her new sibling. But she was wrong.

Because the next day, when she came to the garden for tea at the usual time, there's a girl who's years older than her sitting with Claude.

Like the gossip said, the girl has red hair. A color that reminds Athanasia of the sky at sunset. She felt warm when she look at that color.

But when the red-haired girl turned her head and revealed her jewel-blue eyes, Athanasia was stunned. Because of that aura, it was exactly like the one Claude gave off when they first met in the gardens of the Garnet Palace. So cold and sharp, as if a predator was cornering its prey.

"Athanasia, meet your sister." Claude introduced with a sentence that didn't help at all.

Athanasia looked back at the red-haired girl, who now removed her cold aura and gave a smile.

"Blessing and glory upon the star of Obelia. Good morning, Princess Athanasia. My name is Bellatrix." She bowed gracefully. "I'm at joy to finally meet you."

Athanasia was a bit taken aback by the formal introduction. She thought that since Bellatrix was a child who lived as a commoner, she would introduce herself casually. But this?

'Maybe it was because she took her class seriously that she became so formal?'

"Good morning," Athanasia bowed back. "Athy's name is Athanasia. Nice to meet you, too, Big Sis."

Athanasia saw Bellatrix blink slowly, before asking in an uncertain tone. "Big Sis?"

"Ah! Athy called you Big Sister because Princess Bellatrix is Athy's sister and is older than Athy. Sorry for making you uncomfortable." Athanasia's face turned red, embarrassed because she called people by names without permission.

"Big Sis, huh?" For a moment, Bellatrix looked lost in thoughts. Then a small smile appeared on her lips. But her jewel-blue eyes seemed to pass her, as if she was looking at someone else instead of Athanasia.

"I haven't been call like that in a long time," she said softly. "You can call me Sister if you wish, Princess Athanasia."

"Then you can also call Athy if you want." Athanasia replied enthusiastically, eager to get rid of all this formality. "And since Sister Bellatrix is Athy's older sister, we should talk casually. No formal language allowed!"

"It's not allowed?"

"Yes!" Athanasia nodded vigorously. "It's not!"

Then, a small giggle escaped Bellatrix's lips. Athanasia was mesmerized by it, not expecting that a child who could emit an aura as sharp as Claude could make such a cute laugh. And the maids who were there also seemed to be fascinated by it.

"Okay, then this Big Sister will talk in casual language with Athanasia." Bellatrix replied, with a sweet smile.

Athanasia breathed a sigh of relief. She thought she would be in trouble because of this new variable. But if Bellatrix was such a sweet child, it wouldn't be hard for them to get along, right? And perhaps, Bellatrix could become a powerful ally when Jennette appeared later.

"Big Sis, try this chocolate cake. It tastes good."

"Oh yeah? Then I will try it if Athanasia say so."

•••

So, a question.

Is it better if Athanasia call Bella "Sister Bellatrix" or keep calling her "Big Sis"?

I personally prefer "Big Sis", but I don't want to make it sounds weird for you guys. I'm not expert at english, so I asked you all who's been speaking english since you were a baby. So yeah.

Please tell me what you guys think about it.