[Chapter 20] Dress codes.

Start from the beginning

"The substitute was staring at all of the girls inappropriately and I said something when he dress coded Carter because of what she's wearing but you can't see anything."

Williams sighs before looking at me. "Okay, we'll deal with him. But for now, are you okay Carter?" I nod a bit surprised.

"Okay, you guys don't have detention. Just sit in here until your next class," he stands up and grabs his files before walking out.

"That went better than expected."

_____________________

"So Trent is throwing a Halloween party. You going?" I shrug at Elliot.

"Not sure." All my friends are eating lunch but I decided to eat in the courtyard, Elliot joined. In all honesty, I didn't want to give him my number but I needed to get back at Noah. I feel bad I'm using him, but it's for a good cause.

"Are you not into Halloween?" Why does he ask so many questions?

"Just not feeling up for it this year," I answer slightly annoyed, I just want to eat the greasy school pizza that's probably going to give me food poisoning.

"Oh okay," maybe he'll shut up now. "So when's your birthday?" Never mind.

"Uh, you know what I totally forgot I have to meet with the principal, like right now. I'm sorry. I'll see you later Eli," I throw my pizza away before hiding in the girl's bathroom.

He's sweet but he can get annoying. I lean against the wall and groan. I don't understand why Noah thinks he's like his dad, he doesn't even look like his dad, or mom weirdly.

I look up when Ashlyn walks in with her 'minions'. Her face screws up in disgust when she sees me. "What are you doing in here?"

"Avoiding someone. What are you doing in here?"

"I have to freshen up my makeup. Not like you'd know what that means." She says referring to the fact that I don't have makeup on.

"Nope, I don't need ten pounds of makeup to feel confident," I did until Noah and I became friends. "My prettiness can't be wiped off with a makeup wipe." The bell rings so I grab my stuff.

"Have a good day Ashlyn." I walk out of the bathroom feeling good. That's until I run into a wall that's not actually a wall. I look up and realize who it is.

"Sorry," he reaches down to help me up but I push myself back and up on my feet.

"Stay away from me, Rye." I turn to walk down the hall but he grabs my bag and pulls me back.

"Just talk to me. It's been three years since you've accused me of it, I've moved past it, so should you." I narrow my eyes.

"Accused? No, you did it. That's not something I can just move past. I've had panic attacks every time a guy tries to touch me, so I'm not just gonna move past it. Leave me alone."

I walk away but not before hearing him yell. "You're the one who took the drink!"

__________________

"I heard about the substitute in health class." I nod as I stop at a red light. He hurt me and now he's trying to talk to me? I don't need small talk to fill the awkward silence, I'd rather it stay awkward and silent.

"Are you oka-"

"Fine. Let's stop talking about it, or stop talking in general." I pull into the driveway and get out.

"Carter, I'm sorry-" I cut him off by holding my palm up.

"Don't Noah." I walk into the house leaving him behind.

I don't think he can open the door.

Oh well.

_________________________________________
Let me know if there are any mistakes and I can fix them<3

Comment what you thought about the twentieth chapter!

I can't believe I've written twenty chapters already! But what do you guys think of Elliot? And what do you think about their talk?

Also I hate dress codes. Who else?

Not Edited