[Chapter 20] Dress codes.

Start from the beginning

"Hey! Guess what Trent did! He surprised me with a da-"

"Not in the mood Amber," I slam my locker shut and turn to her surprised face.

"Jeez, what happened?" She looks annoyed. "Is it about Noah?" I shake my head and turn to walk the other way.

Why the hell did he have to do that? I've admitted to myself I have some type of feelings for him, I'm fifty percent sure that he has feelings for me. I blame his parents.

He's a good guy but he thinks he's like his dad but he's not. He'd never lay a hand on me. Last night going to sleep I was already passed out when he came in and I was ready before he got up. We haven't said one word to each other since the conversation.

"Hey, Carter!" I turn and come face to face with Elliot.

"Hey, Elliot." I continue walking with him following.

"I never got an answer about your number." He grabs my wrist to stop me which I quickly rip out of his grip and stop walking.

"Uhm," I look at Noah down the hall who's talking to some girl and smiling at his locker. The second I look over his gaze moves up and we make eye contact, but I break it and look at Elliot.

"Give me your phone." He excitedly gets it out before handing it to me. I put my contact name under Car<3 and hand it back to him. "See you later Eli," I walk away and look to make sure Noah saw.

Petty I know.

His jaw is clenched and he's no longer paying attention to the girl, he's just staring at me. I walk past them and to my class.

Carter: 1 || Noah: 0

_________________

We have a substitute today and he's creepy. He won't take his eyes off of all the girls, mainly me and it's making me uncomfortable. "Okay please read pages 105-114!" The teacher sets his book down as we pick ours up. "Carter, can I see you up here?"

I take my eyes off my book and nod. I stand up and walk to his desk. "I'm gonna write you a note and I want you to go to the office for breaking the dress code." He says loud enough for everyone else to hear.

My eyebrows skyrocket in surprise. "I'm sorry what? How am I breaking the dress code?" He clears his throat before sitting in his chair.

"Your pants are too tight and I can see your chest," I look down at my outfit. I'm wearing black leggings and a v neck T-shirt.

"She looks fine," I turn my head to see Trent stand up.

"This doesn't concern you, please sit down
Mr. Jackson," Trent scoffs.

"No, she doesn't need to go change her clothes because you can't keep your creepy old ass eyes off of her." If you would've told me three months ago that Trent would be defending me I'd laugh at you.

"Okay, that's detention for both of you," Trent scoffs.

"Why because I'm defending her? And you're giving her detention because she has a body?" Anger flares up in the teacher's eyes.

"Both of you, office now!"

____________________

"You didn't have to do that," I lean back in the all too familiar chair.

"He was staring at all the girl's asses, something needed to be said," the door opens and the principal walks in. I'll still most likely get detention.

"I didn't expect you two to be here at the same time." He sets a file on his desk before sitting down. "Tell me what happened."