Ch 1

Sandy's -POV-

Grinning to my best friend Jenna as we chatted on the way towards maths class I noticed a new student I had never seen before. I was drawn to him for reasons unknown to me but a specimen such as him was bound to have already found his mate.

As I was ogling mister handsome Jenna whispered to me "Man he's hot, Sandy. Do you think he's single?" She was straining her neck to get a better look at him. Jealousy shot through me like a hot fire though I quickly swallowed my emotions.

He may be but you never know." I whispered back, the disappointment in my voice making me cringe.

"What do you mean, Sandy?" Jenna asked curiously, tilting her head to the side like she would if she was in her wolf form.

"He's a werewolf like us. It's quite possible he already has a mate or she's still out there." I answered, feeling a painful constriction of my chest when I thought of him with anyone but me. I can dream though I haven't turned 18 yet.

Hopefully he is one of my mates as the pain and jealousy of seeing him with someone else would break my heart. Oh, why do I feel like this?

I ducked my head in instinct as I caught him looking at us and all I could do was offer him a smile and wonder if he was listening to our conversation about him.

"What are you thinking about?" Jenna questioned as she nudged me with her elbow and raised her eyebrows in my direction.

"Oh, it's nothing." I declared, not wanting to let her in on my thoughts.

"Oh, go on and tell me, Sands. You know you want to." Jenna insisted as she tried to nudge me again but I moved so that she missed.

"Don't call me Sands, you know I hate that, Jenna, and I have told you it's nothing." I emphasised being done completely with the conversation.

"Okay, if you insist, Sandy, then nothing's wrong." Jenna relented, finally picking up on the sour mood that had just settled over us.

"I do insist, Jenna." I asserted before moving my eyes towards the board at the front of the classroom.

"Let's just sit down and wait for class to start." I suggested, sighing under my breath as sometimes my best friend was a handful.

"Sure, why not, then I can think of some way to talk to the hottie," Jenna said, rubbing her hands together in a devious manner.

I loved her but sometimes she was too much, especially when she found a hottie as she liked to call them. Though looking at him I did agree but that spike in jealousy came back as I caught her eyeing him up.

Jay's -POV-

I could hear the two girls talking as I tapped into my werewolf hearing and I smiled because I think one of them is my mate, though I couldn't decipher which one yet.

'Why don't you go talk to them and see which one it is?' asked my wolf, Jace, through our mental link.

'I will, Jace. Just give me time to settle in and also listen to what they are saying so I can try and figure out who our mate is.' I replied as I needed more information before I tried to approach.

'Ok.' said Jace and I could practically see him vibrating with anticipation in my mind.

All I could chuckle at the words shared between the two girls behind me. I had learned their names as they spoke to each other. One was called Jenna and the other was called Sandy and judging from their scents one of them was my mate. Though I couldn't tell who at the moment.

Luckily, they sat down near me and I leaned forward and introduced myself by saying, "Hi, I'm Jay. What are your names, ladies?"

They both turned around and answered, "I'm Sandy and I'm Jenna"

"What beautiful names for two beautiful ladies." I replied, smiling as a blush rose on both of their faces.