18 - A Lasting Memory

Start from the beginning

"That's for sure." The pair of you walked out of the hall with James, Remus and Peter following close behind. "How come you never became one?" 

Your words made Sirius tense up ever so slightly, enough for you to pick up on it. He always seemed nervous when your words spoke about being an animagus or Kaz for that matter. 

"We've got Kaz haven't we?" He gave you a sheepish smile as you stepped into the sunlight. "He helps us. He deals with Remus and I just scout the area." He lied. 

"Sounds rather boring for danger seeking Sirius Black." 

"The forest is a pretty dangerous place." 

"Not really it's not that bad." You huffed. 

"Oh yeah?" He smirked. "Then come with me next time." 

"Deal." You said immediately. "Even if it's just for a little while, I don't want to leave Remus alone." 

"That's fine by me, speaking of him," He made eye contact with him as he walked beside you, Sirius keeping his arm over your shoulder smirked at the boy beside you.

"Did you like question ten Moony?" By this point, the rest of the boys had caught up to you both, Sirius' smirk was still proudly on his face as he referred to the question about identifying werewolves.  

"Loved it." Remus said briskly. "Give five signs that identify the werewolf, excellent question." 

"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" James spoke in a mocking tone. 

"Think I did," Lupin said seriously. "One: he's sitting on my chair. Two: he's wearing my clothes. Three: his name's Remus Lupin." Peter was the only one who didn't laugh. 

"I got the snout shape, the pupils of the eyes and stuffed tail," Peter spoke anxiously, "but I couldn't think what else -" 

"How thick are you Wormtail?" James said, his tone impatient. "You run around with a werewolf once a month -" 

"Keep your voice down!" Remus snapped. 

The five of you strode towards the lake, taking your bags off and falling onto the green grass underneath you. The sun was kissing everyone's skin as it landed on you all. There was a small light breeze that made the trees dance and twirl in the wind. It was rather peaceful well, that was until Sirius Black opened his mouth.

"Well, I thought that paper was a piece of cake." Sirius smiled, he was sitting beside you, looking at you and the rest of the group. "I'll be surprised if I don't get "Outstanding" on it at least." 

"Me too." James chimed in. He reached into his pocket and took out a struggling Golden Snitch.

"Where'd you get that?" 

"Nicked it." He replied casually. He started playing with the Snitch, he allowed it to fly about a foot away before seizing it again. Peter watched him in awe whereas you were trying your best to scan for Lily but it was proving to be a waste of time. 

"Oh relax," Sirius replied, his touch still on you. He'd turned his gaze from the lake to look at you as he spoke. "You'll find her eventually, you know her, Mary and Marlene they've probably all gone to get food or something."

"I just need to talk to her." You replied. 

"Oh, I know." He looked back at the lake. "I'm sure you'll get the chance." The pair of you watched the sunlight glide over the water in silence, the only noise that could be heard was from Peter who was gasping and clapping every time James caught the Snitch like he was some child. It wore on for about five minutes until you could feel Sirius tense up at every noise the boy made. You tried not to pay attention, looking at the group of girls by the water's edge, wondering if Lily was among them.