𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

Susan beamed and Rosaleen closed the door with a nod before setting course towards her own chambers. Her footsteps echoed against the white walls and her shoes clicked against the marble floor. So far, she could only find her way to the south-east wing and the throne room, and she couldn't wait until she had enough time to map the gigantic castle with its dizzying hallways. Rosaleen thought back about the days she had spent with her brother in her grandfather's mansion; mapping the whole area. It hadn't been too long ago, but it did felt like ages since so much had happened in the meantime. While she was lost in thought, she realized too late there neared another pair of footsteps the corner she was headed to.

With a small yelp, Rosaleen collided with the someone rounding the corner and she would have fallen backwards if he hadn't caught her wrists, quickly pulling her back in balance.

'Peter,' she breathed out and he smiled, still holding her wrists though he had loosened his grip to a gentler one.

'Rose,' he said as he slid his hands farther downwards, taking her hands instead and though Rosaleen sure would have felt flustered by the gesture, she got caught off guard when she let her eyes wander down from his face. Peter was dressed in his coronation attire and since he had led the Narnian army to victory, he also radiated with a confidence that was hard to miss. He wore a cobalt blue blouse that complimented his eyes, making them seem even lighter than usual, and the black leathered tunic he wore over the blouse accentuated his shoulders and waist. There were several oak leaves engraved into the leather, decorating the hem and the sleeveless shoulders of his tunic, while the belt with the golden shackle was more of an adornment than something useful.

'You look very regal,' Rosaleen complimented him when she had finally found her voice again and she quickly looked up at him before she would lose herself in staring at his posture.

'Thank you. You look very, ehm─.' Peter took a small step back, still holding her hands as his gaze wandered over her, and with a blush Rosaleen realised she wasn't wearing much more than her lavender-coloured petticoat and a silk dressing gown since Susan had burst into her chambers before she could have properly dressed.

'I'm not yet finished,' Rosaleen explained with a chuckle. 'Susan was freaking out over her dress choices and she wanted my help.'

Peter hummed but his gaze seemed to be transfixed upon her clothing and Rosaleen pulled one of her hands loose from his grip, snapping her fingers in front of him.

'Eyes up here.'

Peter's cheeks heated a bit but he still smirked as he caught her eyes again. 'I'm sorry. I already thought it was a bold dressing choice, though I wouldn't have complained.'

Rosaleen shoved his shoulder before pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear while biting her lip. Her gaze wandered down from his eyes to his lips and his smirk faded a bit as the thought started to fill his mind as well. However, Rosaleen shook herself out of it, she was already late and she pulled her other hand out of his grip, slightly smiling up at him.

'Anyway, I'm getting further dressed, and you should. . . wait, why were you going this way?'

Peter snapped out of his thoughts as well. 'I was going to get Susan to escort her to the throne room. Edmund's going to get Lucy.'

Rosaleen's heart skipped a beat. 'I'm so late. Did you all secretly plan to delay me?' She sprinted around Peter before he could say anything else and he let out a chuckle while continuing his way as well.

Rosaleen burst through the door and her eyes immediately landed upon her dress hanging at the folding screen near the wardrobe. She quickly threw off her dressing gown and switched it for her formal dress instead.