What She Can't Avoid From The Start

Start from the beginning

Seeing all of this, Bella became self-conscious. Claude looks so inhuman, while Bella, who is already wearing the good clothes bought by Felix, still feels lacking to face him.

"Your Majesty, I brought home the Princess as you ordered."

Felix's voice woke Bella from her daydream. She saw Felix greet him, made her realize that it would be very rude not to greet the Emperor. So with a slightly vague knowledge from her previous life, Bella crossed her right arm in front of her chest, slightly lifted her skirt, and bowed.

"Blessing and glory upon the sun of Obelia Empire."

Bella did not hesitate to rise from her greeting before the Emperor ordered her to. Even though she still felt lacking because of the clothes, she was not an ordinary person in her previous life. And her high self-esteem had carried over this life as well.

"That face," Claude opened his mouth. "The same face as that female traveler I met more than a decade ago."

Bella was quite surprised. So he still remembers the woman he slept with twelve years ago? He got quite an impressive memories.

"How dare she hide the whereabouts of another Obelian Blood," Claude continued. "If she stood before me now, I would definitely cut off her head."

"Unfortunately for you, my mother had already left the world because of natural causes." Bella said, sweet smile on her lips, but venom on her eyes.

Even though Cassandra Ignacio wasn't her real mother, these four years were enough for her to become the parent figure Bella needed in this world. That's why Bella calls her Mom. And this bastard dare to speak low of her now?

Beside her, Felix is breaking out in cold sweat because Bella boldly replied to the Emperor's words, who were known to be merciless among the nobles. But Bella was sure that she wouldn't lose her head here. And even though her guess is wrong, she already died once, and she isn't afraid to die twice.

And sure enough, Claude only raised an eyebrow elegantly, before ask. "What's your name?"

"Bellatrix, Your Majesty."

"Bellatrix, huh?" Claude tilted his head, looking at Bella with sharp jewel-blue eyes. "Do you know the meaning of the name your mother gave you?"

"The name my mother gave me means 'The Female Warrior'." Bella answered. "She wish for I to grow up to be a strong fighter and not easily give up on anything."

What Bella said was true. Because it was Mom herself who told her that. While she lied on her bed, just days away from her death.

"Ho? Is that so?" Claude asked in a slightly mocking tone. "And will you be able to live up to the expectations your mother placed in your name?"

Bella boldly made eye contact with Claude. Since the Emperor challenged her first, wouldn't it be polite for Bella to accept? Moreover, she wasn't the type to back down from a challenge.

"The child before you right now is a child who managed to survive multiple assassination attempts solely by her own strength, Your Majesty." said Bella. She then flashed the most confident grin she could at the Emperor before her. "Wouldn't that be enough for a starter to meet the expectations my mother placed and eventually yours as well?"