Her body arched, feeling herself begin to dry heave, she spat out the blood in her mouth, followed by choking.

Father Paul quickly put his hand on her back, and grabbed out a napkin.

He lightly rubbed her back, gently making sure she was okay, before offering her the napkin.

Ella took it and wiped the blood from her chin, apologizing profusely.

"I'm so sorry, I just saw a dead spider in the cup," she explained, shakily.

"Did you?" He asked peering into the goblet. "My apologies I must not have seen it. I'd have spit it out as well," he assured her with a chuckle.

"Yeah...I could handle dead bodies, but spiders are my weak point," Ella replied with a shy laugh.

"No I completely understand. The kits old, you see. Not sure how the poor thing got in there, but once again, I'm truly sorry. I was worried you'd spit it out for another..." he trailed off. Then shook his head.

She felt like asking what he meant but before she could, be walked right up in front of her.

She hadn't realized how much taller her was to her. He wasn't huge and muscly like the sheriff, but he had long slender legs, and a firm torso.

"You've just got a bit," he started, taking the napkin and wiping the top of her lip.

His soft, strong hand cupped over her cheek as he ran his thumb over her lip.

Ella looked up into his ebony eyes, as he stared down at hers. His mouth parted slightly, looking with deep rooted passion at her, staring up at him innocently.

"Lord give me strength," he muttered before clashing his lips onto hers.

The sudden contact came as a surprise to Ella, but she didn't shove him off. She was happy to be back in the state of euphoria she felt the first time he'd kissed her.

She stretched up on her toes to put her arms around his neck, as his hand moved down her back.

The kiss was more passionate then the last, it was still soft and loving, but he kissed her with a hunger she hadn't seen in him before.

He walked forwards, pressing Ellas back up against her door.

He wasn't being rough, which Ella actually appreciated. She'd had rough, passionate kisses before, and they were exciting and dangerous, but this kiss...it was from a loving man, with a hunger for life. It was sweet and gentle, but the sparks it sent through Ella's body, were like nothing she'd ever felt before.

It wasn't a raw desire of passion and lust between them, but rather a sense of comfort and love. Two genuine people in love, and to Ella, that was all she could ask for.

*****

Ella's week continued on as normal. She hadn't spoken to Paul since he'd come to her house and was almost certain he was avoiding her.

She'd see him out on the street and wave, and he'd quickly run off. She attended daily mass, but it was packed full of other people, so he paid no attention to her.

She was okay with it at first, she understood why he was, but eventually it started to seem like he regretted it. And that hurt. She could never say a word to him, because he'd hurry off in the other direction every time they crossed paths. She wished he would just tell her he didn't want to see her again, instead of being left fumbling around in the dark.

Instead, she spent her week with Erin and Riley a few times, had coffee at Sarah's house and got invited over to the Flynn's for diner like old times.

Although it was much different than when she and Riley were kids. They used to play telephone around the table, and make up songs, and help cook dinner, but the one she went to, was filled with tension. No one spoke, except Annie and Ella, Annie trying to be polite and ask about Ella's time in college and how she liked working in the nypd. Awkward as it was, it was nice to be back in a familiar spot.