Chapter Nineteen.

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of handwriting, what's your response?" Hermione asked.

"Response? To what?"

"Your question, joke, riddle, whatever it was."

"Oh!" (Y/n) exclaimed before searching for the crow in her bag. She read Hermione's reply.

I'm pretty sure I know
the answer, but I'll
humour you and ask
what?

(Y/n) grinned down at the reply.

"So?" Hermione asked expectantly. (Y/n) looked up from the note.

"Well," (Y/n) began. Her voice was soon drowned out by the chattering inside the classroom she had to go into. Hermione was attempting to read her lips, but ultimately failed. (Y/n) grinned, managing to get out a 'goodbye' loud enough for Hermione to hear, then she entered the classroom, leaving the Gryffindor to wonder if she really knew the answer, if (Y/n) gave the right answer, and if there was even an answer in the first place.

"I got it! I finally got it!" Hermione cried mid-week of their Spring Break (and the week (Y/n) was gone from Hogwarts).

"Got what?" Ron asked in alarm.

"(Y/n)'s joke!" Hermione exclaimed. "By not giving us the answer to 'What keeps a Gryffindor in suspense,' she's keeping us— Gryffindors— in suspense!" She slammed her hand to her forehead.

"Not very funny if you need to explain it," Ron said. 

"But very funny if you actually get it," George jeered. "Which really isn't surprising for (Y/n)."

"Last year she sent—" Fred and George shush Katie, who held her hands up in mock surrender. "Never mind."

"Well, now you're obligated to tell us," Hermione stated.

"Not out in the open."

(Y/n) was back by Friday and she calmly ate her breakfast. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as a Howler that she most certainly didn't send came flying into the dining hall. It stopped in front of Snape who opened it with a scowl. (Y/n) bit into her pancakes, shaking her head with a grin as Never Gonna Give You Up played. 

"Before you ask, I had no part in this," (Y/n) told Cho and Marietta when they turned to her. "Not that I know of, anyway." Before they knew it, the familiar voice of Nymphadora Tonks played through the room. 

"HEY, PROFESSOR SNAPE, SINCE I'M NO LONGER YOUR STUDENT, I CAN TELL YOU TO SU—"

"NYMPHADORA TONKS!" Andromeda Tonks' voice bellowed. The Howler looked back with wide eyes. "NOT IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!" (Y/n)'s nasally giggling was heard.

"Can it, noseless," Tonks' voice jeered. (Y/n)'s gasp was what tore the Howler apart. 

The dining hall howled with laughter from all four Houses alike. (Y/n) clasped her hands around her nose, grimacing, for she hadn't realized Tonks' teasing was picked up. Her entire stay at the Tonks' house, all Tonks would do is tease (Y/n) and would stop for around fifteen minutes when Andromeda scolded them. The adults occasionally joined Tonks' teasing as well, much to (Y/n)'s dismay.