41 ♔♕ 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗱𝗶𝗮𝗿𝘆

Start from the beginning

We're all very glad your lung has stopped collapsing now. It didn't look like much fun.

Harry

25th September 2012.

The rest of the family have traipsed down from Scotland, although they drove to Inverness and then flew from there which I don't think quite counts the same as mine and Alex's trip down. It was like something from trains, planes and automobiles.

I thought you'd quite like to know that you've done enough to make granny worried which I think personally is quite an achievement. When I broke my ankle last year she barely even sniffed and I'm her own granddaughter.

I'm trying desperately to brush your hair and make it look decent. You've got a big bandage on your head though which rather complicates matters. Your brothers keep telling me not to bother but I think you'd wake up just to kill me if I let you look rubbish whilst unconscious. I've enlisted Kate and Camilla as well so don't worry, you're covered on all bases.

Rose

25th September 2012.

Hi Bel,

Came to see you for the first time today with mum. You'll be glad to know she quite literally dragged Uncle Charles from his seat next to your bed and made him go home for an hour or two. She was going to do the same to Alex as well but he's of a bit faster mind and got up before she could get to him.

I'm keeping the horses ticking over for you. Decided to put the younger ones out for an early holiday and just bring them in once a week for a hack. They can go on proper holiday once the season's finished. Merlin is still sound as a bell which is fab, going to give him a little 10 minute session in the indoor tomorrow to check he's alright. You'll be proud of me, I rode Rio yesterday and stayed on which I was elated about. Still deciding how much to do with them all, will update you when I next come.

Z.

25th September 2012.

Can I just write for the above record that I didn't drag either of them. I simply just told them to go home.

You look a lot better than when I last saw you which is good.

I was at an event for the RDA today. They were all asking after you, I told them you were being looked after which the press didn't appreciate. I don't know what they were expecting me to say, a run down of the injuries? Or maybe even a timeline of exactly what happened?

I think the Zambia tour will be delayed by a week until you get a bit better. Will make sure the horses are being looked after.

Aunt Anne.

26th September 2012.

You are still ventilated and sedated. The orthopaedic surgeons have decided that they would like the first surgery on your leg to happen tomorrow before the bones begin to set in the wrong way. It would have been today but your blood pressure keeps dropping so they are hoping with another day you will be stronger for the operation.