21 ♔♕ 𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

𝟷𝟶 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟺

Charles was pacing. Harry was sat staring out of the window, furiously tapping his leg on the floor. And William was leaning against one of the seats, already getting ready to once again ask the pilots how long was left was on the flight.

"It won't have changed since the last 10 minutes you asked." Harry grumbled as William pushed himself off the seat and began to walk down the aisle to the cockpit, "it'll just be 10 minutes less."

"Where's bloody Concorde when you need it." Charles said as he walked past his two boys. Pausing by the seats they were in, he nodded to his eldest, "go ask them William."

"It won't have changed!" Harry exclaimed, throwing his hands out in exasperation. It was too late, William had barely even needed the nod from his father before he was out of his seat and off.

The Queen hadn't even needed to be asked the question before she allowed them to use one of the RAF planes. Charles had been on the phone to his mother at 7 o'clock on the dot and barely five minutes later he was practically running out of his sitting room to go let everyone know they had the go ahead.

William pushed past the curtain separating them and the flight attendants at the front, shaking his head as he walked back to his seat, "they said that the pilot said it's still 4 hours to go, expect to land just before midday Miami time."

"I knew they shouldn't have bloody retired those planes." Charles began again, "we'd be there now."

"You never said that." Harry argued, frowning up at his father and brother. He could understand how they were feeling, he felt it too. He was desperate to get to his little sister, but nothing would make them get there any faster, even bickering with each other.

William just sat down with a huff into the seat opposite Harry, watching as their father began to pace up and down again. "Be careful you don't wear a hole in the floor pa." he smirked, trying valiantly to bring some humour into the situation.

"It might get me there faster." Replied his father, already turning round again. "Ah Michael." He began as his private secretary pushed past the curtain separating the three men and the staff accompanying them. "Any updates?"

"Unfortunately not Sir."

"What are you doing then?" Harry asked, ignoring William as he kicked him in the shin.

"I was just going through to ask the pilot how long is left-"

"Four hours." The three men said in unison, not waiting for the poor private secretary to finish what he was saying.

"Ah, right, okay." Michael answered, obviously slightly shocked at the reply given to him, "well that's fantastic, I'll telephone ahead to let them know Sir."

And with that he turned and rather briskly pushed his way through to the other side of the curtain, looking as though he would rather be anywhere else than with them.

"That's 'fantastic'?!" Harry exclaimed as watched Michael disappear to the other side, "where does he think he's going, on his holidays?!"

♔♕

Everyone on the flight was rather glad when it finally landed in Miami. Not least the flight attendants who began to look more and more concerned at the state of the carpet that was being paced on as the flight went on.