Chapter 9: Severed Friendships

Start from the beginning

"Correct response. Well done. We just have to get rid of this Cruello person and his little pet, don't you think?" She asked.

"I guess you must hate him." He hinted, trying to get a reaction out of her.

"Honestly? I'm conflicted. He is good. Bold and brilliant. And his little girlfriend isn't exactly ugly."

Estello smirked with pride.

"But he has made it me or him. And I choose me."

...

It was now nighttime at the studio no Horace and Jasper dropped ropes down from the ceiling and slid down them.

"Well, this guy's a bit of a blanket." Horace sighed, referring to the sleeping security guard.

What about...this?" Jasper knocked over a bunch of mannequins lined up in a row and they fell over like dominoes.

The guard still didn't wake up.

"Really?" Horace rolled his eyes. "Where gonna have to get invasive."

Horace went up to him and grabbed the bag of crisps from his hand and started to much loudly on them.

"It's risky." Jasper commented.

"They gotta know we broke in, Cruello said."

"Yeah, he did, didn't he? I'm getting a little tired of Cruello."

"Oh, yeah." Horace nodded in agreement.

Jasper got right up in the security guards face, and plucked a hair out of his nose. This was finally enough to wake him up. Horace and Jasper ran back to their ropes and climbed back up while the guard hit the alarm button.

...

The next day, all the deigns were being moved into a vault.

"What's going on?" Estello asked pretending to be oblivious.

"He tried to break in last night." The Baroness explained.

"Who did?"

"Cruello. Well, it makes sense. It's a stunning, ludicrously expensive gown. Cruello could never afford to make it. But Cruello has no shame. He may steal my creation. I mean, that's a very good idea, right, if you were...him?"

The door to the vault slammed shut and was locked. When I one was looking, Estello pulled a pin from a designers pin cushion.

...

"Night. Get some sleep. Big day tomorrow." Artie called from the bottom floor.

"Night." Jasper replied.

He looked over to (Y/n) who was making some coffee.

"Hey, (Y/n). Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah, sure. What's up?"

"Well, me and Horace are getting a little tired of Cruello, and I have a feeling you are too." Jasper confessed.

"I admit, this side of him can be pretty intense, and he hasn't been as nice as he usually is..." she replied reluctantly.

"I was wondering if you could talk to him."

"Why me? Can't you do it? You know I don't like confrontation." She pleaded.

"I know, but he'll listen to you. We all know he has feelings for you."

"W-What?" She squeaked. "No, no, he doesn't."

"Oh, please! He's been hopelessly in love with you since forever. Even Horace noticed the way he asks towards you. And I have a feeling it's not one sided."

"Ok, I'll talk to him." She agreed.

"Thank you." He kissed the top of her head.

(Y/n) walked over to Cruello's workspace holding two mugs of coffee. She placed one down on his desk, and he gave her no reaction.

She stood there awkwardly before he glanced at her.

"Why aren't you sketching?" He asked.

"Because I want to talk to you."

"About what, darling?" He asked, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"I miss Estello." She confessed.

Over on the couch, Horace was watching the game with the dogs.

"Goal!" He shouted and the dogs barked.

"They really would make fabulous coats." Cruello commented.

"The dogs?" She asked incredulously.

Cruello rolled his eyes and chuckled. "I'm joking, darling. You know what I miss? The (Y/n) who had a sense of humor."

She scoffed. "Right. You know, we all had bad things happen to us. I lost my parents too. But no matter what, I've always been there for you."

"That's all I'm asking dear. Is it so hard to back me up?" He asked.

"It's not hard having Estello's back. But having Cruello's back is a lot harder. I've loved playing dress up with you, and working with you, but lately, you've been acting more and more like a stranger."

"Cruello gets things done." He snapped. "Estello does not. And I have things to do, so if you're done chatting, then leave me alone. And by 'if' I mean you are."

(Y/n) gave him a very hurt look, but didn't say anything else. She silently got up and walked to her room, slamming the door. Cruello looked up at her door for a moment, the feeling of guilt washing over him. He's never snapped at her before. Jasper, who was watching the whole interaction, walked over to Cruello.

"Why can't you just admit your feelings to her?"

"What?" Cruello asked.

"Don't play dumb. I see the way you look at her. You love her, just admit it."

"I don't have time for insignificant things such has love. I have work to do." Cruello said, avoiding the topic.

"Fine. But you're gonna regret not telling her sooner." Jasper warned, before walking away.

One of the Dalmatians walked over to where he was and looked at him for some kind of permission.

"I'll allow it." He said.

The Dalmatian laid down and revealed its belly to Cruello, happily wagging his tail.

——————————🐾——————————