Chapter 27: Logan The Scorbunny's...

Start from the beginning

"Just what, hon?"

"You're the mother..."

As Pan began laughing loudly, Emily's face turned red, "What's that supposed to mean, bucko!?"

"If they turn out like you, they're gonna be reckless and loud... Not to mention that they're gonna be a hothead like you," Kenny looked away, "And they might go on and on about wanting to be a Grotto Ranger like us..."

Steam was basically flying out of Emily's ears as Kenny went on, biting her bottom lip.

"...But I also know that he or she will be loyal to their friends, and will try to help others as much as possible," Kenny gave her a calm smile.

Emily's angered red hue turned to a pink blush almost immediately.

"Aw babe!" She hugged him, "You always know what to say!"

---

"Finally she's asleep..." Kenny groaned as he sat down on a couch, "She wouldn't stop going on and on about baby names..."

"Did you two settle on some?" Pan asked.

"Ryder or Logan if it's a boy, Jenna or Lyra if it's a girl."

"Good picks. I see that you two want to use some Grotto 'L' names..." The Pangoro smiled, "Why though? The two of you were raised in Galar."

"Well, when me and Emily ran away to Sinnoh, and we loved Forest Grotto..." Kenny smiled softly, "We just thought that it would make sense for someone growing up here would have an 'L' name like a lot of the other Pokémon raised here."

"So... What did you need me here for so late anyways?" Pan asked, gesturing to the window.

Kenny sighed, "Pan, you have no wife or kids of your own."

The Pangoro's eye twitched softly, "You really want to die, huh?"

"What I'm saying is, I want you to be Logan's godfather."

Pan's eyes widened as he looked at Kenny, who wore a serious expression.

"Me? Why?"

"Out of all of the GR, you're probably the only one aside from us who can deal with a second Emily..." The Cinderace chuckled for a moment, "And you're strong. You're stronger than me. Maybe you can take them under your wing."

Pan looked at him, "No, I won't."

"What?"

"You are going to be there for your child, and I want them to turn out like you and Emily. I don't want them to turn out like me..."

"I'll respect that."

"But I can promise you one thing," The Pangoro stood up, "I will put my life on the line for that child of yours if you two happen to not be around."

"Thanks, man..." Kenny smiled brightly.

"No, thank you."

Back to Present

"Logan!" Pan shouted, snapping him out of his trance. Pan was struggling to keep Nidoking restrained, his feet shifting on the ground every few seconds, "Let's fight him together, nobody can do it alone."

The Scorbunny nodded, clenching both of his paws.

"I'll keep my promise to them, no matter what!" Pan led the charge as the two went to attack.

Meanwhile...

"It's way too bright out here!" A.J, who was the last to walk out of the cave, exclaimed as he shielded his eyes from the sun.