Chapter 25: To Where it Leads

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Nidoking!" Logan suddenly shouted, startling Oliver, "If you want to get into the center, you'll have to get through us!"

Nidoking's eyes widened as he looked over to the four. He could recognize the Scorbunny, Pikachu, and Snivy, and turned to face them. He let out a roar, running towards them.

They all gasped softly before they prepared themselves for battle.

Logan was the first to do something, charging towards Nidoking himself before jumping up and using a Flame Shot on his face.

This barely affected Nidoking, however, as he swung his arm towards Logan to hit him.

Jacob ran up and used a Dynamic Punch on Nidoking's arm to redirect the momentum of it, making Nidoking barely miss Logan.

"Thanks, Jacob!" Logan smiled at him.

The Pikachu smiled back, "No problem."

Nidoking went to attack the duo again, but they were a good enough distraction for Sophie, who was preparing a Dragon Claw behind the large Pokémon. Once she was ready, she ran towards Nidoking, but was cut off by a group of Nidoran and Nidorino.

"You've got to be kidding me..." The Snivy let out a faint groan, "You guys! Nidoking has reinforcements this time!"

Sophie used her Dragon Claw to fend the Pokémon off.

Nidoking looked back to see Sophie tirelessly fend off the Nidoran and Nidorino, and decided to charge towards her. He went for a punch, which the Snivy avoided. His paw went into the ground, kicking up a decent amount of dirt that flew in different directions.

She flipped herself around to land on Nidoking's large wrist, running up his arm and using a Leaf Blade on his face.

Meanwhile, Oliver jumped back to get a bit of distance from a group of Nidorino. He gripped his scalchop as he ran forwards, using Razor Shell to attack multiple at once. He looked over to Jacob and Logan, who gave the other a nod.

Jacob took the lead, his paw being enveloped in a white aura as he jumped towards Nidoking. He used Dynamic Punch on his head, forcing the large Pokémon to look down.

As he was forced to look downwards, his eyes focused on a familiar Scorbunny, who had a paw pointed right between his eyes.

"Eat this!" Logan shouted, charging an energy in his paw before unleashing a powerful Flame Shot into his face.

Nidoking let out a roar that shook the ground as he stumbled back in pain.

Sophie noticed this, and backed away a bit. She looked over to Oliver, who was watching as well.

"Oliver! From the back!" The Snivy shouted, running towards Nidoking.

"Uh.. Got it!" Oliver hesitated before following Sophie, preparing his scalchop.

The duo tried to attack Nidoking, but were both instantly swatted away by the aforementioned Pokémon. He had swung his arm to strike both Oliver and Sophie, launching them in the other direction.

Sophie coughed a bit, but stood up immediately. Meanwhile, Oliver was groaning as he struggled to get back up.

Suddenly, a familiar face teleported in front of him.

"Simon...?"

The Abra put a paw on Oliver's head, teleporting him away from the battle.

Once they were at a safe distance from the battle, Simon went to levitate next to the Oshawott.

"Do you have a plan, Oliver?" Simon asked as he waited for Oliver to stand back up.

"Well we do have a small one..." The Oshawott stood up, "Jacob and Logan would go in for a blinding attack on Nidoking before I go in for a launched Aqua Jet. But we can't get in close because of all the Nidoran and Nidorino..."