chapter 34

Chapter 34

Just as Alexei was feeling dazed by the unexpected competence of his wife, the carriage gently stopped.

“We’ve arrived, duke.”

“Oh, thank you.”

Having been engrossed with the documents for a long time, he didn’t even realize he had arrived at the Imperial Palace. Alexei, with his documents in hand, got off the wagon.

At the same time, an unwelcome voice was heard.

“Isn’t this, the Duke of Valois?!”

Hearing the voice, Alexei’s expression sank coldly.

That person is…

“Marquis of Saxony.”

It was Anriche’s younger brother, Marquis of Saxony.

He didn’t look much like his sister. At the impression of being a little mean, his eyes are shimmering with visible greed.

“Why did the Marquis come to attend the nobleman’s meeting?” Alexei asked the question in a rather sharp voice.

It would be so, because the Marquis of Saxony had rarely attended a House of Lords meeting so far. Of course, unless the emperor attends the conference in person, he leaves it to the nobility to attend the House of Lords meeting themselves.

‘No matter how, it wouldn’t be too much to say that I haven’t even seen the tip of his nose for nearly a year.’

The Marquis of Saxony was among the high-ranking nobles in the Empire. That means, it is a position that comes with the responsibility to set an example in front of others as well.

However, the Marquis of Saxony was always negligent, and there is not even a single strain of his hair that contained a sense of responsibility for his position.

Since Alexei valued principles, he had no choice but to hate the Marquis of Saxony even more.

“That’s why I came to see the duke.”

Still, despite Alexei’s blatantly disgusted face, the Marquis of Saxony was just sticking with a nice face.

“Why are you coming to me?”

“Oh, that’s…”

After saying so, he gently rubbed his hand and slowly opened his mouth. To be honest, the man looked like a fly rubbing his legs.

“I… It’s because the money that my sister sent me was recently cut out.”

‘What?’

At those words, Alexei was a little surprised. Even though Anriche was arrogant and disrespectful to everyone, she took her family seriously.

But now, she suddenly decided to cut her indemnity money…?

The Marquis of Saxony smiled with a blank face. He continued, “When it comes to the Duchy of Valois family, are you not the richest family in the empire?”

“What are you trying to say right now?”

“Honestly, the money my sister sends, from the viewpoint of Valois, would be less than a drop in the bucket, right?”

Saying so, he looked back at Alexei.

The small rolling pupils were reminiscent of a rat.

“Can you coax my sister and tell her to send the money again?”

‘…Is he seriously saying this right now?’ Stunned, Alexei silently stared at him. The Marquis of Saxony, however, arbitrarily interpreted his silence as positive.