Nina Breyer (pov. 1)

It was only another hot summer day, just like the one before and the one before that one too. It's not like I was trying to waste my days sitting in the park field but the summer was almost over and I was alone. My name is Nina, Nina Breyer, I am 14 years old. I had just moved to a small town called Porter town and I was the new outcast. I moved over the summer and I had no one I knew. Though there was only one more day until the school year started and I wasn't prepared.
"Nina! Nina! Get inside it's getting dark, and your dinner is getting cold!" My mom called out to me from our home along the gates of the field. I grabbed my bag and ran up the side of the field. I squeezed through the small rip in the gate and walked up to my front porch. I walked in the door way and to the table. I opened up my bag and slowly took out my notebooks.
"What did you draw this time?" My mother tried to look over the table to see my sketches but I don't like anyone looking at them but me. I slowly started to put away my note books into my bag.
"Nothing special." I said to my mom. I then placed my bag onto the ground and ate my dinner. After I finished I walked up the stairs to my bedroom and fell onto my bed. I put on my headphones and turned on my music. I laid in my bed and slowly drifted off into a quiet sleep. I woke up the next morning at 6:45. I slowly sat up and began to get ready for my first day at my new school. At 7:10 I had gotten into my moms car and we drove out of the driveway and to the school.
"Here we are. Have a good day, and remember to behave, please." I got out of the car and headed to the schools entrance. Almost everyone around me was nice and cosy with each other. Soon I found myself in the main office.
"Um, excuse me, my name is Nina Breyer and I just moved here and I was wondering if I could get directions to room 213." I hadn't liked the idea of being a helpless fish in a big sea but I hadn't known this reef.
" oh yes, we'll welcome, I'm Mrs. Hansen, I'm the second hand counselor here. I have your schedule and I will get an escort here, just hold on one minute." I sat down in the chair next to the counter. Mrs. Hansen had called out the name of a person who had been walking by. "Oh, Joe, Joe come here, could you escort Mrs. Breyer here to her classes. She's new here and doesn't know her way around." The boy looked at me and nodded to Mrs. Hansen.
"Sure, why not." The boy walked over to me and held out his hand. "Hi, I'm Joe, Joe Calloway that is." I stood up and shook his hand.
" Hi." I said softly," I'm Nina." Joe had me follow him to my class.
"We'll it looks like we have the same homeroom." Joe smiled. I walked passed him and entered the classroom. It was 7:33. Everyone in the room stared at me. Some in what seemed to be a hellish glare and others, a kind, welcoming stare. I sat down in an empty seat in the back row. The teacher walked in a few seconds after.
"Hello everyone, I am Mr. Drake, If you will all take a seat then we can get started." Mr.Drake started to hand out agendas. Soon enough it was time for lunch. The day was going by faster than I expected. The only difficult part now was where to sit. I stood in the door way of the lunchroom and then Joe walked up to me.