Chapter 12 - Purgatory's Revenge Part 1

The worst-case scenario had presented itself, and now I was paying the price for my mistake. Kena, Purgatory isn't a foe to take lightly; her sadistic look on battle makes her one of the most dangerous Harbingers the Fatui have cooked up. She knows no mercy, nor will she hold back. Her only goal is to kill everyone. If I had any hopes of overcoming this threat, I would need to give it my all.

****

Pushed back, I dug my foot into the ground as Kena tried breaking my defence, her gun slowly lowering directly in my face. Quickly diving my head out of the way, the bullet grazed my cheek, piercing my eardrums. Dropping my sword, I caught it with my other hand as I swung it back around, matching Kena, who blocked each sudden swing. As  I kept her at bay, the ground below me began to heat up as molten lava burst out. Flipping back, I pressed myself up against a symbol appearing in the air, holding me still before I darted through Kena, cutting her down. Sliding across the grass, I came back again and again at high-speed cutting and scrapping, getting any hits in the best I could. Stumbling back, Kena spun around, kicking me back as she drew the gun to her head, firing again. "Elemental resonate. Frozen dawn!"

I wasn't given any time to react as my whole body was frozen on the spot as ice spread all around me. Completely open, Kena clocked her gun smugly, laughing, ready to fire. But before she could, a burst of flames ignited, melting my prison as I managed to escape at the last moment. On one knee, I began coughing, wiping my mouth, seeing a hand. Hu Tao nodded as I took her help standing up. "We'll stop her together."

Acknowledging her aid, I spun my sword around, muttering. "Be careful."

Before I could respond, Kena had already shot herself in the head, her gun thrown into the air as she screamed fists by her side. "Elemental resonate. Air bullet."

Hu Tao stepped forward as Kena began punching the air. With each punch, Hu Tao was hit by an invisible force knocked back serval times, stunned. "Stop it!" I yelled, spinning on the spot towards Kena. Throwing one single punch, I felt an extreme force blast me back as I crashed into the mountainside slumped over, panting. Picking my sword up, I noticed a flashing light in my blade's reflection. Rolling out of the way, the invisible attack took a large chunk of rock out. Pushing myself back off the ground, I looked at my sword, seeing more reflections coming at me. Swinging my sword with one full swoop, I cut down each wind shot, stopping the ongoing barrage. Catching her guns, Kena tried firing again, only for me to cut the bullet in half. "Shit."

Sliding over to Hu Tao, I helped her up, seeing she was bleeding from her forehead. "Ayaya, just how many visions does this girl have?"

"Not visions. Delusions. She's obsessed with power. I wouldn't be surprised if Kena has a delusion for every element." I rant, spitting blood violently. "Be on your guard; who knows what's she'll pull out next.

Kena jumped side to side before rushing me at high speed once again. Stumbling back, I bent over, avoiding a gunshot. Taking advantage of this, Hu Tao hopped over me, swinging her polearm around, disarming Kena on the spot, leaving her open. "I got you!"

"Hu Tao, no!" 

Kena smirked, her vision coming to life as she slammed the ground palms open, moving around, ready to counter with her ultimate move. Pulling Hu Tao back, I swung down as she countered me, instantly unleashing a flurry of devastating flaming punches. Holding my guard up, I took each hit dead-on before my defence was broken. Parried Kena pulled her arm back, landing one last hit, firing, bursting all around me as I was launched into the air. Jumping up, I saw Kena hovering over me, the moon behind her as she roared full of built-up rage. "Die!"

Kena came crashing down, striking hard, but before I knew it, she was knocked back, sliding across the floor as Qiqi's ice orb began healing us. "Qiqi... You shouldn't be here. She's too strong."