Chapter 1: The Message

I wake up to my phone blasting and being filled with notifications from an unknown number.
I barely have any energy to even pick up my phone and see who's texting me, but I somehow manage to get up do it. I rub my eyes to see better, then I open my messages, furrowing my brows at the slight glimpse of the chat.

"Nothing is real."
"None of it."
"They aren't what they seem."
"This is the only warning I'm going to give you."
"Trust no one."
"Escape."
"Run."

What the hell?
I rapidly stand up and pinch my arm just to make sure that this is real. It is. Unfortunately.

I stand shocked in the middle of my room with my phone in my hand. It's 9 am. I look out of my window just to be blinded by the sun. I look back on my phone and try to forget whatever just happened while lazily walking up to my wardrobe to start changing, but I still have the words in the back of my mind.

Something feels off.

I walk out into the kitchen. I take a little biscuit out of a big jar that my family has standing in the middle of a bar table, then put the biscuit in my mouth while turning the kettle on. I look into ourfridge for some food. I couldn't really seem to find anything, so I close the fridge and I see my little sister, Morana, staring at me from the dinning-hall. "You haven't seen anything strange this morning, have you, Zoya?"
I quickly remember the text messages I got this morning, but I act like I never even received them. "Of course not, what strange could've even happened, Morana? I just woke up." I let out a confident chuckle to make sure that she will believe my questionable lie. "Alrighty, Zoya!" She exclaims joyfully and runs away. I hear the kettle beeping, so I take a cup out of our cupboard, grab a teabag and start making tea. God, this is weird. Why would she ask me that? Does she know about the messages? How would she even know about the text message? She's only 8.

What's going on here?