Chapter 1: The Ghostly Duo

It was nighttime at 6:37 PM, at August 25th, 1989, and we see two transparent ghosts rising from their graves, with a slightly confused look on both their faces. One of the ghosts suddenly accidentally bumped into the other ghost.

"Sorry, sir." Apologized the first ghost.

"It's okay... who are you?" Questioned the second ghost.

The first ghost was about to introduce himself, but he had forgotten his name so he didn't answer.

"You don't know, do you?" Asked the second ghost, and then the first ghost nodded.

The two ghosts saw some neon-colored lights in the distance and then decided to get a closer look to see what was going on. They saw a brand-new toy store that was currently opening up. "MonsterNauts!" read the big, neon pink and yellow striped letters on top of the store, along with a white "Grand Opening" banner. The ghosts floated closer to the store while trying not to bump into any passerbys.
Since the two ghosts were curious, they floated and clipped through the store to see what was inside. In the store, there were rows and rows of toys, t-shirts, plushies, LEGO sets, any type of merchandise you can think of!

"Woah, this store is even flashier on the inside than on the sign." Said the second ghost.

The first ghost was ecstatic, so he tried to grab one of the big plushies of weird aliens in astronaut suits, except his hands went through them. He tried to grab them again, but no avail. He kept trying and trying to grab the plushies without his hands clipping through the plushies, until the second ghost pulled him out.

"I think that's enough, whoever you are." Sighed the second ghost.

"No, me want plushies!" Shouted the first ghost, tearing up.

The second ghost dragged the first ghost away, not wanting him to cry any longer. The two ghosts then stumbled upon a door with text saying "Boss's Lounge" on the window. Since they knew they were ghosts meaning no one could see them, they went inside by clipping into the door, leaving a bunch of green, glowing ectoplasm on the center of the door. Inside the Boss's Lounge, the two ghosts saw a room with a brown floor and pastel yellow wallpaper, a brown desk with a black computer, white shelves, security screens, a white mini fridge under the desk, and a box of old toys with a piece of paper taped to it which said "PrOtotYPEs/ReJeCtS".
They looked in the box to see a bunch of astronaut-looking toys. Some toys had uneven eyes, some had an eye missing or two, some had faces bigger than their heads, a few even looked so neon, they could blind anyone, but they saw one toy... That toy was the only one to have a different face on both the front and the back of its face, a big, lime green rectangle with two teeth sticking up for a mouth, and a tag on the left shoulder that said "Name: Nurp-Naut". As both the two ghosts held the two-faced toy, they felt something different...
they were slowly looking closer to the doll, and then a flash of lime-colored light had flashed. After a minute or so, the two-faced doll woke up, feeling sluggish. It tried to climb out of the box, but it then saw claws. It didn't feel like it had claws before.

"Me tired.." Yawned a child-like voice.

"Who's there?" Asked the doll.

"Me, I'm here. did we get into the doll? Because I only see wall." Said the familiar voice.

After looking at more of its arms it realized there was a golden streak on both its arms, stopping at the elbows. After a while, the doll had realized, the two ghosts had somehow managed to possess something for the first time. The possessed doll then grabbed another doll's head and looked in its reflection, the possessed doll had one eye, and a big, green rectangle with two teeth sticking up for a mouth. The doll continued to attempt to climb out of the box after that, but then it fell down.
The doll's head suddenly switched before it got up, so now the face that was originally behind is now in front on the doll's head.

"Heheh, I was right, ghosty!" The used-to-be-behind face proudly stated.

"Alright, now I think we should..." The used-to-be-front face paused to look closely at the name tag on the doll's right shoulder.

"How about we give each other names? You could be... Nurp, and I guess I could be Naut." Said the now-behind face.

"Okie, can we explore?" Asked Nurp.

"No, not yet.." Said Naut.

The door creaked from a tall, red-headed man peeking, slightly scaring Nurp. The red-headed man then went in the room, only to see that the doll (aka Nurp-Naut) was playing dead because he knew the man would freak if he saw a walking, talking doll in plain sight.

"What the heck is that doll doing outside of the box, isn't it supposed to stay in there? Ah, whatever. I'll just put it back in." Thought the red-headed man.

The red-headed man put Nurp-Naut back into the box, and put the box on top of his desk. The red-headed man left the room to clean the bright green, glowing ectoplasm off the plushies & glass door, leaving Nurp-Naut behind to at least attempt to plan to escape the toy store.