12.5 | What Im Not

Start from the beginning

"How do you like it so far Mrs. Birmingham?" Reggie the head contractor asked her, noticing that she was heading back out the door.  From the moment he laid eyes on her the first day, he's been trying to catch her attention. But Micii paid him no kind, he wasn't ugly but she just wasn't interested in none of that right now. Right now she was back to the money only, back to getting her shit right. Niggas never brought nothing to her life but Drama.

"Ms. Birmingham." Micii corrected him with a smile on her face." I love it Reggie I can't wait for it to be done and tied all together."

"I'm glad you like it beautiful, when will you be back to see it again"he questioned, he was more focused on seeing her again too be honest. "We plan on finishing the floors by tonight so we can install the new workstations and pedicure chairs by the weekend."

"Hmmm... I think I'll be back in two days, right in the morning. Just so I can show you guys exactly where I want everything. If anything goes wrong or you have any questions just call my work phone. Okay?"

"Okay beautiful." He smiled at her, the other workers just looking at him playing himself.

"I'll be seeing you bye-bye now."  Micii smiled faintly.

"Have a good night- bye- later Ms. Birmingham." The construction workers called out to her as she walked out of her shop.  "Get off her dick Reg she ain't interested" Tony one of the construction workers laughed, making everyone else join in.

"It don't hurt to try." Reggie shrugged before heading back to work.

Jumping into her car she sped off to get home feeling really good and positive about how her life is going. As of right now she was finally getting her groove back and getting back to loving her self.

Micii drummed her fingers against her steering wheel while dhe waited at the red light to turn green. That was until her phone rang through the cars Bluetooth, slightly startling her. Seeing Isis name pop up on the caller ID she answered with the quickness then pulling off into the Brooklyn traffic.

"Iceyyyy babyyyyyy"

"Heyyy sissssssss!" Ises voice rang out, bringing a genuine smile on Micii's face. She just loved girl time with SB & Ice, she loved her girls. "What you fucking with?"

"Girl nothing! I just left my shop you know seeing what they was wrong with the renovations and whatever. I'm about to head home right now, I'm not really getting into nothing. What about you?"

"I'm chilling for right now, But I soon got to get up and get ready for work. Since you chilling pull up to my bar tonight! I'm a be at starlets."

"Say no more! I'm gonna pick out my outfit as soon as I get upstairs. Make sure you got Don Julio behind the bar it's time to get fucked up tonight."

"Oh that means you're gonna be throwing a lot of ass and bands tonight" Isis keked through the phone. Micii laughed so ready to go out and enjoy herself.

"I know that's not who I think it is." Micii sucked her teeth, pulling into the parking garage in her building. There stood Quay leaning against his Lamb truck in the spot next to her assigned one, the vehicle clearly fixed from the damage she blessed it with weeks ago.