𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮

Taehyung

Minutes before

I checked my watch for the tenth time in five minutes before scanning the parking lot. Korean Red Cross Hospital was the closest hospital, and it was only ten minutes away in heavy traffic. I had called in a few favors that were owed to me, and I had an entire team on standby, including the best OB in Seoul.

I just needed the patient.

"Where the fuck is she?" I muttered. The stricken look on Y/n's face kept replaying in my mind, and I wasn't going to feel right again until I knew that both she and the baby were okay. That was my entire fucking world right now, and I didn't want to think about living without them in it.

"Something doesn't feel right," Jungkook stated, even his normal closed-off expression a bit panicked. "Call the doctor, Taehyung."

I pulled out my cell and found Mia's number, tamping down the rage of panic and worry that was threatening to consume me. Jungkook was right. Something didn't feel right.

The call went straight to voicemail, and I swore. What if they had been in an accident racing here? What if Y/n had been far worse off than we had imagined and she was dying in the penthouse, without me there?

My cell buzzed and I looked down, fear crashing through me as I saw that Baekhyun wanted to FaceTime me.

Fuck, no, he couldn't have Y/n.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked. "What's wrong, Taehyung?"

Swallowing, I pressed the button, and Baekhyun's face came into view, grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Well, well, well, my dear friend Taehyung. I'm so glad you took my call."

"It better not be to stare at your fucking ugly face," I growled.

"No, I got something better for you to stare at," he stated before moving away.

My heart dropped in my stomach, and Baekhyun swore viciously as Y/n's tear-streaked face came into view, and I wanted to reach through the phone and kill Baekhyun with my bare hands. He had my wife. I didn't even care how. He had what I cherished the most.

"Cat got your tongue?" he taunted, coming to stand behind her, his hand stroking her cheek. "I can't believe you married this luscious woman, Taehyung. She's quite a beauty. I bet she fucks good."

She flinched, and I nearly threw the phone in the parking lot. "Don't fucking touch her," I told him, keeping my voice steady. If he saw my panic, he would use it to his advantage.

I would do the same if I were in his shoes.

He laughed. "Oh, I want to touch her badly. It's been a while since I have encountered a fiery creature like her."

The thought of Baekhyun's hands on Y/n turned my stomach. I had seen firsthand what he did to women, and Y/n would never survive.

I wouldn't survive. "What do you want?"

He turned Y/n around to face him, and I watched as she didn't back down but glared at him like he had ruined her day. Good for her. She was going to need that strength until I could find her. "I want you to know what it's like to lose it all," he said casually, pulling out a gun. "I hear she's pregnant. Looks like you are going to lose two things you care about."

"Fuck me," Jungkook uttered, holding his own cell to his ear. "No, you need to fucking trace it now! This is not a drill!"

I felt my pulse slow to nothing as I realized what he was going to do. This was my worst fucking nightmare, and I couldn't do a thing about it.

I couldn't save her. "Take me," I said hoarsely. "Take me instead of her." Anything to get Y/n out of harm's way. There was nothing that he could do to me physically that was going to hurt as badly as watching him kill my wife and unborn child.

Baekhyun laughed, shaking his head. "I'm afraid not, Taehyung. I have exactly what I want right in front of me, and I think that nothing will hurt you as much as me killing her. Tell me I'm right."

"You're right," I said, knowing I sounded weak. "She's fucking good in bed. I would hate to lose her."

Baekhyun looked at me on the phone, tsking. "I think she means a hell of a lot more to you than that, my friend. Open up, Y/n."

All the blood drained from my body as I watched Baekhyun lean forward, touching the muzzle of the gun to Y/n's lips. Her eyes went wide with terror and I nearly lost it. "Fuck you!" I screamed at the phone. "You want me, you asshole! Come get me!"

Baekhyun paid no attention to my rant. "Open your fucking mouth, or I will kill your son."

Oh fuck me. He had Hyun Ki. I thought about the kid that had brought me around to being a father, the same one that had drooled on my shirts numerous times. Y/n wasn't going to sacrifice her son. She loved him too much. "Y/n," I said desperately. "I'm—"

"I'm what?" Baekhyun asked, glaring at the phone. "I'm sorry? Do you think she fucking cares what you have put her in? Just think, Taehyung. If you have kept your filthy hands to yourself, you wouldn't be looking at losing another woman in your life. The first one I took pleasure in, but this one, I think, is going to make me happier. Open up, sweetie."

I watched as Y/n glanced at the phone. "I love you," she sobbed before Baekhyun shoved the gun in her mouth. I stood there frozen and unable to do anything for her, her last words echoing in my mind. She had taken her last moments to give me the one thing she swore I would never have.

"Say goodbye to your wife," Baekhyun sneered before pulling the trigger.

TBC