Chapter 2: Hopes and Questions

My curiosity mixed with interest and I looked around quickly. I hadn't heard him jump off the bleachers, and my footprints were the only ones around in the snow.

The wind had died down a little by now and I made my way over to the bleachers where he had sat. The snow was brushed away where he had been, but there were no footprints leading up to his seat. Other than mine.

"Weird," I said aloud as I turned away. I returned to the sidewalk and tried to forget about the boy. But how could I? When a boy in the bleachers watches you, gives you a nice smile, then disappears into thin air - leaving nothing except a spot of brushed off snow where he sat - you can't help but wonder...

Then it hit me. I tried to dismiss the hope that appeared in my mind, but couldn't stop myself from wondering about him. Could he be a sorcerer? A master of magic? Only those truly skilled in magic could handle teleportation. Or dare I say time-traveling?

There are different levels of magic, and teleportation was one of the highest; below time-traveling, transformation, and mind-reading of course. I was good, but I was no master. Yet.

My fingers were getting numb so I shoved them into my sweater pockets. This didn't help much so I cupped my hands in front of me. A small blue flame arose and danced on my palms and warmed my fingers and nose.

I clapped my hand over the small fire when I heard the first bus pull up to the curb. Unless you're in with the toughest group of kids in the school, you have to watch where you use your magic. They use what some of us call "evil magic" to cheat and trick kids. If you dare use any "good magic" around them, or annoy them in any way, let's just say you'd better start running. But their magic is weak and clumsy. They hate it when you seem better than them in any way - which is unfortunately easy for me.

I climbed the stone steps and sat on the railing at the top, waiting for the bus to empty out. I can't stop thinking about him. Could he have mastered his magic and figured out teleportation? Why did he look at me like that? I had never seen him before, but what if he could show me how to teleport instead of learning useless magic in school? Oh how I've wished I could teleport! Escaping trouble with ease, finally proving my worth...

I sighed at the thought, knowing that it was a farfetched and unlikely hope.

»«»«»«
I had to re-write some of this chapter when a saving glitch erased like a paragraph. -_- But don't worry, I've got a pretty good memory! I think... xD
~Starr