˜*•.𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Start from the beginning

Before going home, you decided to stop by your and Baji's favorite dumpling spot. You opened your phone to send him a picture of you holding the bag of food but decided not to. The fact that he left without telling you did hurt you, but I guess he doesn't really owe you anything.

When you got home you noticed a large package on your kitchen counter with flowers next to it.

"Oh? What's this?" you took off your shoes and walked towards the kitchen cautiously.

There was a note next to the flowers that read:

Hi Princess,

I'm sorry I left so soon. Mikey told me that Draken wasn't able to go on the mission so I stepped in to do it last minute. I'll be back in a day or so. I'll bring you back a souvenir maybe, lol. I'll miss you. Hope you enjoy the little gift I got for you. Can't wait to see you in it.

-Baji♡

You clutched the note to your chest as your heart fluttered from his words.

"Well, I guess I'll see what's in the box." you opened the large, white box to reveal two sets of lingerie—one a deep shape of red and the other midnight blue. "Oh shit," you gasped, holding one of the lingerie sets in the air. "This is way too sexy."

"I think it looks nice." you dropped the item in your hand and spun around in shock.

"Oh my goodness Mitsuya. How did you even get in here?" you asked, taking deep breaths to steady your breathing.

"I just walked in. You left the door open," he shrugged. "I came to check up on you."

"Oh." suddenly you started to feel nervous being in the apartment alone with him. Thoughts of your dream from earlier started flooding your head. The way he kissed you in the dream felt surreal, as though you were truly experiencing it.

"Are you okay?" he asked, taking a step toward you to fill the gap between you.

"Y-yeah I'm fine," you awkwardly smiled.

"Oo! Are those dumplings?? From that one store?" he asked, his mouth watering at the sight of the bag.

"...yes..." you looked around the room, hoping he'd leave.

"Can I please have one?" he asked, grabbing your hands and looking at you with puppy-dog eyes.

"Um, I guess," you said. Before you could finish he rushed toward the bag, taking a dumpling out and throwing it into his mouth.

"Thanks," he smiled, bending down to give you a kiss on your cheek before leaving. "Seems like you're fine, so I'll leave now. Good night pretty girl."

With that, he put his shoes back on and left the apartment. You stood still in the room, touching the side of your face that he kissed. "Why would he do that?" you whispered to yourself. "If Baji finds out, Mitsuya will be dead."

You snapped out of your thoughts, placed the lingerie back in the box, grabbed your bag of dumplings, and sat down on the couch. The file Mikey gave you was sticking out of your bag, waiting for you to open it.

As you got comfortable, you decided to take a peek into the first few pages, just to try and prepare yourself for the entirety of the file.

The first couple of pages were basic data and the demographics of your family. You flipped through some of the pages to get to the bulk of the information. Suddenly you came across a page with your mother's name at the top of it.

"Nora Hanma?" you asked. Half of the information was blacked out, so you skimmed as best as you could.

"She was born...blah blah blah...I know this already," you furiously mumbled, scanning the pages faster for any valuable information. You scanned the bottom of the page which revealed her death. It read:

On 5 April 1997, Nora Hanma was found outside of her home in downtown Tokyo. The police discovered her body in severe condition with multiple stab wounds and a large gash at the back of her head. Upon discovery, she was in an unstable condition with blood oozing out of her body and onto the floor. She was having trouble breathing, yet because the medics hadn't arrived yet, there was nothing that could be done. Police tried to apply pressure on her wounds but it was too late. Before she died, she gave the police a name. At the time, officers on the scene weren't sure who the person was but later discovered out that he was her killer. Shu—"

"Shuji Hanma," you read aloud.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

:)

tysm for 10k reads. you actually don't know how happy that makes me. sending you all a virtual hug 🫂

also lmaaaoo they have text-to-speech for this story now. which isn't on my other ones but i think it's a cute idea for inclusivity. but the lady talking is so unemotional and bad it hurts me 🙃