˜*•.𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. I still don't think it's safe for you to be by yourself but I think you'd be more comfortable at home. I can have Mitsuya stop by to check up on you," Mikey smiled.

"MITSUYA?" you almost choked.

"Is something wrong with Mitsuya? Do you not like him?" he asked, cocking his head to the side.

"No no no," you furiously waved your hands in front of you. "I-It's fine. M-Mitsuya's fine."

Mikey raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Out with it!"

"N-no it's nothing," you attempted to smile, but it looked more like a face of constipation.

"Eeee! Don't make that face again. You look scary," he said, staring at you in disgust. "Go home and sleep or something. Mitsuya will bring you dinner or something."

"Why can't I see Baji?" you wondered.

"He's doing some reconnaissance right now. He'll be back right before the attack on Moebius."

"Oh." hearing that made you instantly sad. You hadn't gotten to see him before he left. Why didn't he say anything before leaving?

"He didn't know he was leaving until about 2 hours ago," Mikey said, seemingly having read your thoughts.

"Well he could've texted or something," you pouted, crossing your arms.

"He said something about a thing waiting for you back home," Mikey shrugged. "I don't know. Relationships confuse me."

"We're not in a relationship," you blushed.

"Okay? And my name isn't Mikey," he giggled.

"Huh?"

"You were lying. So I told a lie too." he continued to giggle.

"Tch. I'm leaving Mikey," you rolled your eyes, standing up to leave as he continued to hysterically laugh.

"Ha. Okay. Bye Kanari-chan," he said through tears of laughter.

"Mikey, it's really not that funny," you sighed, walking away. "Wait!" you stopped in your tracks. "How come you didn't trust me when we first met?"

He sobered up in an instant. "It's not anything you did really, it's just the fact that you're Shuji's sister. I wasn't sure if your loyalties were to your family."

"Ahh. I see," you slightly smiled. "Well, I'll see you in 48 hours."

"No," he sternly said. "You won't be coming."

"Wait. What do you mean?" you asked, confused why he would tell you all of this.

"This is too personal for you. Also, you don't have the same training that we do. You'll get in the way of things. And if you see Baji get hurt or something, it'll cloud your mind. There are too many wrong variables that could happen if you came on the mission." he sighed, running his hands through his hair. "I honestly thought a lot about it, but the cons were outweighing the pros."

"Oh...okay," you sulked.

"Please don't take what I said to heart. I don't want you to get hurt," he frowned, evidently concerned for you.

"I understand Mikey. I'm not mad, just sort of sad. That's all," you shrug, walking back toward the door. "I'll catch you around."

"Okay," Mikey exhaled. "Time for a nap," he eagerly giggled.

Meanwhile, you walked toward your car to drive home. You were contemplating the thought of going to Baji's apartment and sleeping in his bed just for some sort of familiarity, but it'd be nice to go back to your own room for a day or two.